Take a point on Sunday?

Blue Chicken said:
Ok were playing spurs great team but are team is better. If we win we go six ponits clear of them and rags play the gunners so they could lose that game but I don't think they will. so that day could turn out really good or really shit. We should not go for the point just go out for the win. The only prolem on sunday is the ref, lest just hope he's not agiants us.
Come again?

jimharri said:
Blue Chicken said:
Ok were playing spurs great team but are team is better. If we win we go six ponits clear of them and rags play the gunners so they could lose that game but I don't think they will. so that day could turn out really good or really shit. We should not go for the point just go out for the win. The only prolem on sunday is the ref, lest just hope he's not agiants us.
Come again?

as we play before the rags?

ali_bee said:
Offered now, would you take a point on Sun?

I would.

Definitely - our defence isnt good enough to deal with Spurs at the moment. can we score more than them? Possibly, as there defence is pants too. All set for a 2-2 then...............................

if you want to win the league,you dont want to be happy with a point at home.we need to beat spuds to keep pressure on others at behind us,plus if we beat spuds it will put them three wins behind us with 16 games to go

Royaloak said:
Fuck no. Don’t believe all of the media hype and the piss take comments from BaconFace about Spurs. They’ve beaten the ‘cannon fodder’ teams and there’s no doubting they’ve had a decent first half to the season. However, we are a different class, we’re playing at home and a win is fully expected - a draw is no disaster, but we should expect to win.

No, we are not a 'different class' - quit the arrogance please, thats what we criticise the other's for, and I for one dont want some egg on me face.................

In their last 8 pl games they have managed to score more than 1 goal just twice, away at norwich and at home to a severely depleted everton.

Now everyone think back to last season remember what everyone told us they were a great football team but they just didnt put the ball in the net they would have walked the league last year if they had just had that striker, all four of their strikers had an off season which has never happened before. Now fast forward to this season we gave them a focal point for their attack ( rightly or wrongly ) and they started off brightly but hey look once again all their strikers are just having an off few games or an off season.

Anyone getting a sense of de ja vu or maybe its that they arent as good as the press and good old harry tells us that they are. Dont get me wrong they are a good team with good players but the ready made excuses this season are the same as last season.

Im sorry...take a point if it was offered to us now????!!! No Way! perfect home record and a better team, with plenty of time to prepare.
We need everyone behind the team, to spur them on for a win. If you settle for a draw in your head, then your one less person urging for a victory.
Be careful what you wish for.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Royaloak said:
Fuck no. Don’t believe all of the media hype and the piss take comments from BaconFace about Spurs. They’ve beaten the ‘cannon fodder’ teams and there’s no doubting they’ve had a decent first half to the season. However, we are a different class, we’re playing at home and a win is fully expected - a draw is no disaster, but we should expect to win.

No, we are not a 'different class' - quit the arrogance please, thats what we criticise the other's for, and I for one dont want some egg on me face.................

I think we are different class and that is not arrogance, it does not mean we have automatic right to win the game - that we have to earn. Collectively we are a better team and I fully expect us to go for the win and will not settle for not getting beat.

I do agree that we have some fans who are showing a lack of respect for other clubs but if our team play to their ability then we should win again. Spurs are the same team that pitched up last season tough game but we are better equiped now.

Balti said:
jimharri said:
Blue Chicken said:
Come again?

as we play before the rags?
I think he meant Spurs, not the vermin. Read the opebning two lines of his post; no mention of the quiet neighbours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.