Take a point on Sunday?

With the players missing we have, I probably would just about take a point.
Plus, I think Arsenal will get something from United, as they are at home and they will want revenge for the 8-2. They will also seriously not want to lose 3 in a row.

Probably, especially if Arsenal can get at least a point against the scum. We then need to kick on in the league when VK returns.

Not read beyond the first page of this thread but have those of you harping on about our 100% home record forgotten that we have lost our last two games at the Etihad and could have been thrashed if the opposition had not put their feet off the gas pedal in the second half? I predict that we will again get roasted in the first half and go into the break 0-2 down but will fight back, tooth and nail, to earn a valuable point.

I wouldn't take a point as we have everton away next and I very much doubt we will win that, if can get 4 points from the next 2 it would be a great achievement. And I said ages ago in anorther thread if we are 4 points clear of united after the everton game we will have 1 hand on the title as we have 3 home games in the next 4 after everton.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Royaloak said:
Fuck no. Don’t believe all of the media hype and the piss take comments from BaconFace about Spurs. They’ve beaten the ‘cannon fodder’ teams and there’s no doubting they’ve had a decent first half to the season. However, we are a different class, we’re playing at home and a win is fully expected - a draw is no disaster, but we should expect to win.

No, we are not a 'different class' - quit the arrogance please, thats what we criticise the other's for, and I for one dont want some egg on me face.................

We are - we’ve been the stand out team of the season so far and as opposed to Spurs, who have 2 players (Bale and Modric) who can do it at the very highest level, we fortunately have several. Apart from Bale, would you swap any of our players. position for position, for one of theirs? Incidentally, quit the patronising tone please, it makes you sound like a prick.

greasedupdeafguy said:
I wouldn't take a point as we have everton away next and I very much doubt we will win that, if can get 4 points from the next 2 it would be a great achievement. And I said ages ago in anorther thread if we are 4 points clear of united after the everton game we will have 1 hand on the title as we have 3 home games in the next 4 after everton.
And Kompany will be back with Toure bros to follow.

Think getting beat against Utd was a blessing. Imagine playing a replay tonight at Old Trafford with no Kompany, then playing Spurs at the weekend. Could have really been a recipe for a proper crisis. As it is it's doable but difficult

No way would I settle for a point now. Fucking hell spuds have somehow convinced the media they are a real force. They're not, they're a good side who on their day can beat or lose to anyone. We are league leaders, we have played with a real swagger for most of the season. Now isn't the time to change that. Sure we're a few very important players light. It's up to those that are given the chance in their absence to step up to the mark. Had we been as positive last season as we have have this I'm convinced we'd be champions now. Let's not fucking start settling for draws before a ball has even been kicked.

If we are not going to beat Spurs at our own ground just who do we think will beat them? Bizarre thread, if we are to win the title we will have to a lot more positive than that. Draws are next to useless unless the only objective is to take points off Spurs. Personally I think we are a lot better than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.