Taking defeat on the chin

It's time like these that makes me proud to be a blue, fellow supporters holding their hands up and congratulating our opposition (unless it's the rags of course :P).

Yesterday shows we've still got some more work to do, rome wasn't built in a day and like vinny tweeted, "we're destined for greatness". Greatness takes time and effort, doesn't happen over night.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
We have taken so many on the chin that we are immune to any right jab that might come in the last seconds of a twelve-rounder! Pick yerself up, dust yerself off and start again! As somebody said on the 606 phone in - at least it wasn't the Ginger Pig in the 90th minute!

Cheers mate! You've just made me feel a whole lot better about yesterday.

Eccles Blue said:
The Wigan fans that I met as I waited in the pours of rain will say the same thing I think, we shook their hands as they passed and wished them well. We knew that our team didn't play well but we did, as the OP says, take it on the chin.

Onwards and upwards for City.

Mini bus full of pissed up and pissed off Blues, but we still congratulated most of the thouroghly decent Wigan supporters we saw after the match.

stonerblue said:
Eccles Blue said:
The Wigan fans that I met as I waited in the pours of rain will say the same thing I think, we shook their hands as they passed and wished them well. We knew that our team didn't play well but we did, as the OP says, take it on the chin.

Mini bus full of pissed up and pissed off Blues, but we still congratulated most of the thouroghly decent Wigan supporters we saw after the match.

Yes they were a good bunch. Unlike the rag fans who have to be the most awful bunch of horrible people on the planet. It's not me with my blue tinted specs on is it?

Eccles Blue said:
One lady Wigan supporter made me smile, she said "Thank you, but you'll be back, we won't." So I pointed out to her that they would be back for the Community/Charity Shield which she had forgotten in the euphoria. :-)

Lets hope they win that, but unfornunately for them it could be as a championship club.

deafmanstevo said:
Eccles Blue said:
One lady Wigan supporter made me smile, she said "Thank you, but you'll be back, we won't." So I pointed out to her that they would be back for the Community/Charity Shield which she had forgotten in the euphoria. :-)

Lets hope they win that, but unfornunately for them it could be as a championship club.
Thats one silver lining from yesterday we dont have to face those horrible tw*** at Wembley in August

We were well beaten on the day and Wigan fully deserved it. We don't have a divine right to win anything so some good may come out of yesterday.

We need to get behind the players, the manager (whoever that may be) and take defeats like this graciously.

omcfc said:
stonerblue said:
Eccles Blue said:

Yes they were a good bunch. Unlike the rag fans who have to be the most awful bunch of horrible people on the planet. It's not me with my blue tinted specs on is it?

No, it isnt - couldnt agree more. Just like the Stoke fans - enjoyed their day out win or lose and had a laugh and beers afterwards, which is how it should be for 'normal' people...............unfortunately the scum aren't normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.