Taking defeat on the chin

The sad thing is that Wigan will get destroyed by the rag cnuts at the charity shield. Which will make our loss look even worse.

Managed to avoid the whole shitstorm, except for seeing the match on TV suurounded by rags, by being away on a trip planned last September. Had a bottle of champagne on ice which, in the event, I used to toast Wigan's success.

Ray Parlour just mentioned on Talkshite how sporting our fans were by staying to applaud Wigan. It's impeccability like that which sets our fans apart. Well done.

I had to stand up and applaud in the pub - we do that - that´s why we´re not arrogant fookin swamp dwellers. It hurts and our finals record is something that frankly galls me when you consider the fookin Chavs have won 6 out of 6 iirc?
Typical City still has a bit to run me thinks but hopefully not much longer
Well done blues - top marks for sportsmanship - i hope it doesn´t go unnoticed by those we know to be enemies in the mass (hysteria) media

You can't win every game sometimes you win sometimes you lose, but next we will come back stronger. But today we have to say we were not the better team.

black mamba said:
The only people who let this club down yesterday were the players .....even allowing for of one or two Mancinis questionable subsitutions they still appeared unable to match Wigans fight , and zest for the job.

If City players can't raise their game in an FA Cup final then they can only look at themselves for the answers ... because there will be many 'lesser' players around the country who were watching that game yesterday , and who would have done , given the chance!
Disagree mate the board .quash or confirm the rumours.the maner poor tactics.the
players .pathtic .the fans it was a cup final ffs we were crap.the only credit was those that stayed at the end .made my kids watch the presentation and i shook hands with the wigan fans i met we as a club let ourselves down

The Man With The Stick said:
I think this is the only positive thread on here today... well done OP

yep, well done OP!<br /><br />-- Sun May 12, 2013 2:43 pm --<br /><br />
quiet_riot said:
Most of the Wigan fans we saw on the way back looked miserable. You'd never guess they'd just won the cup.

strangely enough, i found this to be the case too...at service stations they appeared still in shock when i congratulated them.

I personally applauded Wigan lifting the Cup and shook hands with as many Wigan fans as possible. That was how I felt at the time.

It's easy to support the winning team but to show dignity and grace when you're hurting is what City fans have always prided ourselves upon. Humour , respect and good grace win or lose. Sometimes when you lose the way you conduct yourself means you win respect , a City trait which fans of other teams seem to have forgotten since we became successful.

rnblade said:
The sad thing is that Wigan will get destroyed by the rag cnuts at the charity shield. Which will make our loss look even worse.

It won't. They'll have a new manager and lose half their squad probably.

Anyway don't forget they beat the rags last year and knocked out Moyes Everton this year

Berkovic_blue said:
rnblade said:

It won't. They'll have a new manager and lose half their squad probably.

Anyway don't forget they beat the rags last year and knocked out Moyes Everton this year
This

on the day we were poor and that is what matters,lessons learnt and we need to move on,fair play to wigan as they were they better side. we need to get behind are manager(hopefully still mancini) and support the team all the way and maybe get marwood out as he hasnt a clue.........FORZA MANCINI!!!!! CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.