Talks with Drogba? (merged)

Re: Talks with Drogba?

I mentioned this as a possibility a few days ago on the Torres thread. I think Drogba could well end up at city but I think it would be bad business on account of his age, he is now 32 and we would not be getting the player he was at Chelsea.

Move on city, Dzeko and Balotelli is the way forward.

I think its disgusting...How dare the press make up these stories..

malkie said:
From todays Sporting Life
Manchester City have denied stories linking them with a swoop for Didier Drogba despite his agent claiming there had been "direct contact".

City's primary striking target this summer was thought to be Inter Milan starlet Mario Balotelli, who has been heavily linked with a move to Eastlands.

But in an interview on French radio station Radio Monte Carlo, Chelsea frontman Drogba's agent claimed he had "direct contact" with City and said there "might be some surprises before August 32".

Thierno Seydi said: "We listen to everyone but Didier leaving Chelsea is not an easy task because everything is there for him to do well.

"He is 32 and open to everything. At his age, I cannot ignore the financial aspect."

But City have played down the story, stating they have no interest in signing Drogba and that any report linking the club with the striker is untrue.

Their director of communications Vicky Kloss told The Times: "We can categorically state we have no interest in signing Didier Drogba and any suggestion of an approach is entirely without foundation."

obiously this is who tolmie was speaking of ;)

malkie said:
But in an interview on French radio station Radio Monte Carlo, Chelsea frontman Drogba's agent claimed he had "direct contact" with City and said there "might be some surprises before August 32".

There being a August 32 would be an even bigger surprise to me...

malkie said:
From todays Sporting Life
Manchester City have denied stories linking them with a swoop for Didier Drogba despite his agent claiming there had been "direct contact".

City's primary striking target this summer was thought to be Inter Milan starlet Mario Balotelli, who has been heavily linked with a move to Eastlands.

Thierno Seydi said: "We listen to everyone but Didier leaving Chelsea is not an easy task because everything is there for him to do well.

"He is 32 and open to everything. At his age, I cannot ignore the financial aspect."

But City have played down the story, stating they have no interest in signing Drogba and that any report linking the club with the striker is untrue.

Their director of communications Vicky Kloss told The Times: "We can categorically state we have no interest in signing Didier Drogba and any suggestion of an approach is entirely without foundation." ;)

Edited vickys expression.

ELF said:
malkie said:

There being a August 32 would be an even bigger surprise to me...

haha well played sir

If chelsea were willing to sell him, that means they'd have someting up there sleeve, and we'd be helping them take out the old, to bring in the new, plus it doesn't sit well with me that we pay £20mil for a 32 year old soon to turn 33, and although he has been brilliant, at his age the dip is sudden, in a years time we could well have a 34 year old who's legs have gone on astronomical wages. Hope this is all just bollocks, plus if I remember correctly between Drogba and his agent, nearly every pre season one of them says something hinting at a move away, they always play up in the close season.

Lomas has a lob on said:
If chelsea were willing to sell him, that means they'd have someting up there sleeve, and we'd be helping them take out the old, to bring in the new, plus it doesn't sit well with me that we pay £20mil for a 32 year old soon to turn 33, and although he has been brilliant, at his age the dip is sudden, in a years time we could well have a 34 year old who's legs have gone on astronomical wages. Hope this is all just bollocks, plus if I remember correctly between Drogba and his agent, nearly every pre season one of them says something hinting at a move away, they always play up in the close season.

I agree with this completely, as good aplayer as he is i think we should be looking for the "next Drogba". the more i read about Ballotelli the more convinced i am that he is the way forward.

ridculous move, for me, on his day, the best striker in the world, hes got power, pace , everything, but hes just too old to be stumping up alot of money for, if he was two years younger id take him in a heartbeat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.