Talks with Drogba? (merged)

Re: Talks with Drogba?

Drogba's agent is obviously trying to drum up interest in his player or, more likely, he's seen the way Chelsea have released Cole and Ballack rather than give them huge pay deals, and he's trying to make Chelsea think there's interest in Drogba from City so they'll pay him more in the next contract negotiations.

Personally I think Drogba is an exceptionally good player, however he's 32 now which is too old really. If this had been 3 years or so ago and we'd been in our current financial position then I'd have been far more interested in this.

spanishblue said:
Could work in our favour if Balotelli's agent thinks we are looking at other options

Spot on in my opinion, we've done this on several occasions. No doubt there's still life in the old Drog yet, but seriously, who's going to offer him more than a 1 or 2 year deal in this country. He should take his last payday in Yankeeland or the middle east, we need young blood.

This is Drogbas agent trying to get a few quid by frightening Chelsea .
Its an old trick.
Bellamys agent does it all the time to keep his clients name in the headlines.

Hamann Pineapple said:
spanishblue said:
Could work in our favour if Balotelli's agent thinks we are looking at other options

Spot on in my opinion, we've done this on several occasions. No doubt there's still life in the old Drog yet, but seriously, who's going to offer him more than a 1 or 2 year deal in this country. He should take his last payday in Yankeeland or the middle east, we need young blood.

but we are not it has been denied outright by the club, we would look pretty foolish if all of a sudden we said oh yeah we are really in for him.

and its the only one we have denied outright.

Why is everyone banging on about drogba when there is no story here... the club has vehemently denied any contact with drogbas advisors, agents or player himself... here is more worthy reading <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2010/July/Blues-bid-Cole-farewell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-pap ... e-farewell</a>

gman07 said:
Why is everyone banging on about drogba when there is no story here... the club has vehemently denied any contact with drogbas advisors, agents or player himself... here is more worthy reading <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2010/July/Blues-bid-Cole-farewell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-pap ... e-farewell</a>

They do a nice line in sarcasm on the City review of the papers but it is also a good chance for them to get some messages out from the club, like we didn't want Cole and don't want Drogba.

It looks like this story is not true, which is great, but if we do sell I'd only be content if we absolutely rinse City for the deal. I'm talking a swap deal with Tevez or something like that. I know he is old but he is peaking at the end of career and is basically a guaranteed 30 goals next year.

tonea2003 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

but we are not it has been denied outright by the club, we would look pretty foolish if all of a sudden we said oh yeah we are really in for him.

and its the only one we have denied outright.

Well that's me told then. I'll do a bit more research next time.

Well I for one would have been very disappointed if this was our "supposed" WOW man !!
Glad we`ve made it known that we are NOT interested and lets carry on with trying to make a WOW signing,hopefully being Balo !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.