Talksport now (continued)

malg said:
WOW......Bob Wilson is one bitter bastard isn't he! Managed to mention 'sheiks and oligarchs' more than once in his little segment. What a tool.

The oligarchs are the only ones capable of buying big players so it's hard for everyone else - I must have imagined £40mil on Ozil

Pigeonho said:
City Raider said:
Pigeonho said:
I was listening to it. They were talking about Arsenal, not us, and how they go to Napoli on Wednesday and then have to play City on Saturday afternoon. The conversation came about as someone somewhere has said about the limited time to recover from each fixture, with Arsenal only having 48 hours to recover from landing on Thursday, to playing on Saturday. The conversation was solely about Arsenal, with the only reference needed about us being who they face. For them to say 'City play Bayern tomorrow too', wouldn't have had anything to do with what they were talking about.

John Cross in only talking about Arsenal shocker! He was moaning about the fixture last week - no balance.
Just one of the subjects he discussed - it was the paper review.

The Arsenal review

City Raider said:
Pigeonho said:
City Raider said:
John Cross in only talking about Arsenal shocker! He was moaning about the fixture last week - no balance.

The Arsenal review
From a station that prides itself in taking the piss out of Arsenal? He started the review about united and how bad they are, then talked about Newcastle, insisting their performance shouldn't be overshadowed with how bad United are, then Liverpool and then Arsenal.

Pigeonho said:
City Raider said:
Pigeonho said:

The Arsenal review
From a station that prides itself in taking the piss out of Arsenal? He started the review about united and how bad they are, then talked about Newcastle, insisting their performance shouldn't be overshadowed with how bad United are, then Liverpool and then Arsenal.

He started the review with Everton and the Arsenal game. Utd was after the first advert break.

City Raider said:
Pigeonho said:
City Raider said:
The Arsenal review

He started the review with Everton and the Arsenal game. Utd was after the first advert break.
Whichever, point is it was hardly the Arsenal review was it? I would imagine, too, that they started on that because of Everton's result and what it does to the title race.

On a different matter I liked Colin Murray's bit before, 'going to the Etihad and getting beat is now part and parcel of every club's season'.

Pigeonho said:
City Raider said:
Pigeonho said:

Whichever, point is it was hardly the Arsenal review was it? I would imagine, too, that they started on that because of Everton's result and what it does to the title race.

On a different matter I liked Colin Murray's bit before, 'going to the Etihad and getting beat is now part and parcel of every club's season'.

Yeah liked the Murray line!

Cross can talk about Arsenal as much as he likes, just asking for full context.

Shows the quality of their "experts".. Bob Wilson said he was up shouting at the referee and "all the assessors in the box" were giving him funny looks. Assessors have not attended premier league games for 2 seasons. The assessments are done 48 hours later by watching DVD of the game. Also when assessors did go to the game there would only be one per game.

richardtheref said:
Shows the quality of their "experts".. Bob Wilson said he was up shouting at the referee and "all the assessors in the box" were giving him funny looks. Assessors have not attended premier league games for 2 seasons. The assessments are done 48 hours later by watching DVD of the game. Also when assessors did go to the game there would only be one per game.
Quality! The station really do pride themselves on meticulous research and the diligent checking of facts that their guests spout. It's a real train wreck, but worth a listen every now and then, however I can only ever go approx 40 - 50 mins at any one time.

Pigeonho said:
City Raider said:
Pigeonho said:

Murray and Brazil were talking of Everton's chances of winning the league, and Brazil came up the classic "They've beaten United." In which case, it's going to be anybody's league if that's the criteria to be followed!

Durham apparently dubious about Uwe to Wigan. Seems Rosler shouldn't have been given the Brentford job as he wasn't English.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.