Talksport now (continued)

Pigeonho said:
TGR said:
Just listened to Durham's show from the start. Yes he did 'big us up at the beginning' (as he had little choice really) but he was pushing hard about 'the mistake' MP made and urging callers to ring in about it and discuss it. I'm very glad to say the whole thing fell as flat as a pancake! They had 2 callers - one was a big blue who defended us well and had a go at SKY TV's coverage (Hoddle) so they obviously cut him short and binned him off and basically that was that -- it quickly fizzled out like a damp squib as it should as it is a complete non story.

Durham quickly ditched the topic and swiftly moved on to slagging Camel Gob off and asking if he is now past it for the rags.
Overall good news me thinks!
Your post is a complete lie. I listened to it all too and there was no cutting anyone off at all. Also the station is called talk sport, the emphasis on talk. People in phoning a talk radio to discuss a debate shocker.
He couldn't have been more complimentary, and it's posters like you who make posters like me dismiss anyone who has a beef with such matters, because you have found something to complain about in something that didn't happen. It's pathetic.

Thanks for the clarity Pige.

TGR said:
Pigeonho said:
TGR said:
Just listened to Durham's show from the start. Yes he did 'big us up at the beginning' (as he had little choice really) but he was pushing hard about 'the mistake' MP made and urging callers to ring in about it and discuss it. I'm very glad to say the whole thing fell as flat as a pancake! They had 2 callers - one was a big blue who defended us well and had a go at SKY TV's coverage (Hoddle) so they obviously cut him short and binned him off and basically that was that -- it quickly fizzled out like a damp squib as it should as it is a complete non story.

Durham quickly ditched the topic and swiftly moved on to slagging Camel Gob off and asking if he is now past it for the rags.
Your post is a complete lie. I listened to it all too and there was no cutting anyone off at all. Also the station is called talk sport, the emphasis on talk. People in phoning a talk radio to discuss a debate shocker.
He couldn't have been more complimentary, and it's posters like you who make posters like me dismiss anyone who has a beef with such matters, because you have found something to complain about in something that didn't happen. It's pathetic.

Your talking bullshit pige. pure and simple.
Nope.

FantasyIreland said:
Pigeonho said:
TGR said:

Thanks for the clarity Pige.

Shouldn't be any need for it really as I said in the post before we are his second club, his son supports us and he always has nice things to say. Of course if he can drum up some phone calls he will its what he is paid to do

Pigeonho said:
TGR said:
Pigeonho said:

Nope.

OK - lets run thru it...
Answer me these questions:

How many times did Durham ask listeners to phone in about MP not knowing how many goals we needed?
How many callers did actually call in?
Was one of them a City fan who had good go at SKY and Hoddle? (and he was cut short)
How many times did they have to move the show / conversation to cricket whilst waiting for the calls that never came?
Did Durham them move the conversation to Rio?

pige - you are listening but you are not hearing. There is a difference fella!

TGR said:
Pigeonho said:
TGR said:
Nope.

OK - lets run thru it...

How many times did Durham ask listeners to phone it about MP not knowing how many goals we needed?
Was one of them a City fan who had good go at SKY and Hoddle? (and he was cut short)
How many times did they have to move the show / conversation to cricket whilst waiting for the calls that never came?

If you look into all that as much as that post suggests, you need help. You are aware there is a delay aren't you? If the caller dared slate sky they simply wouldn't have let him on. That or pulled him straight away. There was no cutting him off though, he talked about his disappointment, why that was and named hoddle as his culprit. That was the call done.
They discussed how and why we are the team to fear, why the gaff shouldn't over shadow the performance and took about 5 calls from various folk. 5 calls in an hour filled with ads, weather, news and them talking isn't bad at all. If you found any anti city in that hour as much as you seem to suggest you did, I would just stop listening and watching any kind of sports broadcast altogether where we are concerned.

Pigeonho said:
TGR said:
Pigeonho said:

OK - lets run thru it...

How many times did Durham ask listeners to phone it about MP not knowing how many goals we needed?

If you look into all that as much as that post suggests, you need help. You are aware there is a delay aren't you? If the caller dared slate sky they simply wouldn't have let him on. That or pulled him straight away. There was no cutting him off though, he talked about his disappointment, why that was and named hoddle as his culprit. That was the call done.
They discussed how and why we are the team to fear, why the gaff shouldn't over shadow the performance and took about 5 calls from various folk. 5 calls in an hour filled with ads, weather, news and them talking isn't bad at all. If you found any anti city in that hour as much as you seem to suggest you did, I would just stop listening and watching any kind of sports broadcast altogether where we are concerned.

OK lets just agree to disagree.
One last question though if I may?
Why do you think Durham framed the first and main part of his show all around MP & City fucking up last night?

TGR said:
Pigeonho said:
TGR said:
OK - lets run thru it...

Why do you think Durham framed the first and main part of his show all around MP & City fucking up last night?
Framed?! They talked about our win away to the champions of Europe in a highly positive way. Part of that was about the fuck up, but they were always going to talk about that. It's like as if your ears must have closed every time they praised us. Even strongbowholic heard how they praised us ! ;-)

Got to say TGR I agree with Pige on this one. Yes he mentioned the fuck up but it was all around whether that should detract from such a fantastic win? Durham was hugely complimentary about us and even Holland was saying some nice things.

Pigeonho said:
TGR said:

Hi Adrian ;)

Pigeonho said:
TGR said:
Pigeonho said:

Framed?! They talked about our win away to the champions of Europe in a highly positive way. Part of that was about the fuck up, but they were always going to talk about that. It's like as if your ears must have closed every time they praised us. Even strongbowholic heard how they praised us ! ;-)

'Framed' is a term of reference used as the subject topic to base and hang his show on (as in a frame of reference) The word was used in that sense only (don't give me a bollocking for that as well!)
Its interesting as me and SHB were having a text conversation about it whilst both listening and we both thought exactly the same!
Maybe because all media is subjective and can be taken in any and many different ways.
At the end of the day who actually gives a flying fuck about talkSHITE anyway?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.