Talksport now (continued)

Re: Talksport now

Just listening to John Barnes on Brazils show, think he might be loosing the plot, Paranoia?

brianmoore666 said:
Vienna_70 said:
brianmoore666 said:
Mate, I use words that mean the specific thing I want them to say. It's don't care if other people don't like it. I'm not going to apologise for having and using an education. If you think articulacy and/or literacy is a negative thing it says much about you and nothing about me.

F****** 0 - 2 to Newcastle - ruined my day, even after watching England beat the SDs.

Welcome to Bluemoon, Brian.

As a Cornishman, I would have loved to see Graham Dawe win more England caps, but there's no denying that the chap he was trying to dislodge from the England front row was also an excellent hooker.

But SDs, Brian?

Shackle Draggers.

Have to distance myself from some of the nonsense and dangerous nonsense, on TalkSport about concussion. All the growing evidence is that effects of trauma are wide-ranging and not always apparent on first examination, however thorough.

All recent papers stress the need for conservative management of trauma, however mild and in cases where there are clear signs of it a player should not be allowed back onto the field. The decision should be taken by a properly qualified trauma expert and absolutely not the player himself or a manager. Thankfully the instances of secondary trauma are small but they are real and have resulted in two deaths recently. It isn't a question of guts it a matter of safety.

If you want to see the most up to date global statement reference the Zurich 2012 agreed paper on this.

The problem with all this is AVB, he said that the goalkeeper showed "character" staying on, by implication you are not made of the right stuff should you request medical help after being knocked out. So AVB puts getting a point at Everton above one of his players dying and leaving children without a father. I would also have zero faith in their physio to put a players welfare first. Football is not life or death nor is it more than that

brianmoore666 said:
Vienna_70 said:
brianmoore666 said:
Mate, I use words that mean the specific thing I want them to say. It's don't care if other people don't like it. I'm not going to apologise for having and using an education. If you think articulacy and/or literacy is a negative thing it says much about you and nothing about me.

F****** 0 - 2 to Newcastle - ruined my day, even after watching England beat the SDs.

As a Cornishman, I would have loved to see Graham Dawe win more England caps, but there's no denying that the chap he was trying to dislodge from the England front row was also an excellent hooker.

But SDs, Brian?

Shackle Draggers.

Have to distance myself from some of the nonsense and dangerous nonsense, on TalkSport about concussion. All the growing evidence is that effects of trauma are wide-ranging and not always apparent on first examination, however thorough.

All recent papers stress the need for conservative management of trauma, however mild and in cases where there are clear signs of it a player should not be allowed back onto the field. The decision should be taken by a properly qualified trauma expert and absolutely not the player himself or a manager. Thankfully the instances of secondary trauma are small but they are real and have resulted in two deaths recently. It isn't a question of guts it a matter of safety.

If you want to see the most up to date global statement reference the Zurich 2012 agreed paper on this.

That's cleared that up then Brian, thanks.

From a football perspective I think it showed a lack of experience from AVB to allow the player to make the decision.

GSW Blue said:
brianmoore666 said:
Vienna_70 said:

But SDs, Brian?

Shackle Draggers.

That's cleared that up then Brian, thanks.

From a football perspective I think it showed a lack of experience from AVB to allow the player to make the decision.

The thing is as a player you want to carry on, I've been knocked out playing rugby a couple of times and carried on, it's what you want to do as a player, I'd imagine most players have but at amateur level there's no-one to stop you carrying on.

In professional sport a doctor should always be consulted, Rugby has got a long way to go with this still but I don't think football has any kind of legislation about this and it really should. Lloris and the spurs coaching staff should have had no input as to whether he carried on.

shauns goat said:
Just listening to John Barnes on Brazils show, think he might be loosing the plot, Paranoia?
I heard that and got what he was saying but thought some of his points were confused. He spoke about feeling black, feeling African and feeling white etc - again which I kind of got. He spoke of Obama being elevated above "blackness" and such and that's where he lost me. Would the fact someone sees beyond Obama's colour and not define them by such not be a positive?

I'm not sure I understand it all anymore. I tend to see the person rather a black footballer, black President, black coach, black head teacher etc and whilst skin colour, culture and heritage are integral parts of the human being it's not something I define anyone by.

He mentioned the lack of black people being in positions of and I agree with him there is potentially a problem there with the spectre of institutionalised racism hovering over us. However, naively maybe, I would like to think any manager is there on merit rather than through who they know or through something like "positive discrimination". Like Obama, irrespective of your opinion of him, surely the American public voted for the best candidate rather than "poo, we can have a black president."

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Brian Moore on Bluemoon?

If you don't already, I suggest following him on Twitter. Beware of the Dog is a good read too.

In my opinion, he is spot on regarding concussion. Spurs have a duty of care towards the players at the club. At the weekend, Spurs failed in this regard. In fact, rumours are that Andros Townsend was concussed the week before, although I did not see the incident, but AVB encouraged him to stay on. Townsend obliged.

Manc in London said:
Brian Moore on Bluemoon?

If you don't already, I suggest following him on Twitter. Beware of the Dog is a good read too.

In my opinion, he is spot on regarding concussion. Spurs have a duty of care towards the players at the club. At the weekend, Spurs failed in this regard. In fact, rumours are that Andros Townsend was concussed the week before, although I did not see the incident, but AVB encouraged him to stay on. Townsend obliged.

Apparently all their forwards are constantly concussed

For a so called dipper Murray has plenty of excuses ready for the rags "United traditionally slow start"

wtf?

Manc in London said:
Brian Moore on Bluemoon?

yeh he went over the advertising boards and straight down one of them camera pits,he looked like he had just had a smack off Tyson when he got back up

mat said:
For a so called dipper Murray has plenty of excuses ready for the rags "United traditionally slow start"

wtf?
Part of the MO of the station, and media in general. Can't remember which day last week but heard Max Rushden on Talksport about not being allowed to upset various people/organisations as a media person. Was quite an interesting point/slip? If my memory was better and I had the time, I'd dig through and try and find the clip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.