Not open for further replies.
the originalkippaxman said:
Blue Mist said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
Boiled bollock

" United have to get CL next year or they´ll be left behind by the "big boys" "

Bwaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaa

It´s finally sinking in!!

I commented on the Rag thread. Talkshite had a proper financial bloke on yesterday. For once they didn't interrupt or attack him. He stated that if the Rags miss out on the Champs League for two seasons, i.e. next year and the one after, they will NEVER catch up. There will be that much money flowing into the top fours teams from TV that it will cripple the Rags. I nearly crashed laughing so much.

As much as I would love that to be true with their upcoming Kit deal and Chevrolet unless there are any clauses in those contracts they will still be able to pull in around £80M a year from those 2 alone. However Liverpool where the same in the late 80's early 90's still had cash coming in but never used it correctly. If they keep the genius Moyes in charge for 6 years they really could be fucked.

Not sure how accurate it is, but i'm sure I read recently that Nike are rumoured to be pulling out of their kit deal, with Adidas likely to take over, and also that the initial Chevrolet deal was renegotiated to a lower figure than originally quoted - the deal cost somebody his job!
So while they will still get cash flowing into the club, I'm very dubious that the amounts they quote are genuine just smoke and mirrors.

Blue Mist said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
Boiled bollock

" United have to get CL next year or they´ll be left behind by the "big boys" "

Bwaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaa

It´s finally sinking in!!

I commented on the Rag thread. Talkshite had a proper financial bloke on yesterday. For once they didn't interrupt or attack him. He stated that if the Rags miss out on the Champs League for two seasons, i.e. next year and the one after, they will NEVER catch up. There will be that much money flowing into the top fours teams from TV that it will cripple the Rags. I nearly crashed laughing so much.

As much as I would love that to be true with their upcoming Kit deal and Chevrolet unless there are any clauses in those contracts they will still be able to pull in around £80M a year from those 2 alone. However Liverpool where the same in the late 80's early 90's still had cash coming in but never used it correctly. If they keep the genius Moyes in charge for 6 years they really could be fucked.

I accept that they have sponsors who are tied into deals, I am merely commenting on what this financial expert stated. One stat he gave is that next season there is 30 million each for the top four from Champs League TV money, the season after it doubles. So the Rags would have 60 million, 90 million over 2 seasons less than City. he was saying that is basic meltdown if it happens..

A guy at work reckons that PL teams can insure themselves against not being in CL. He seems to think they can pay big premiums to protect themselves from falling out of the top 4 and missing out on the CL money. Obviously the worse the team gets the higher the premium.

Anyone head anything about this?

bluemonkey71 said:
A guy at work reckons that PL teams can insure themselves against not being in CL. He seems to think they can pay big premiums to protect themselves from falling out of the top 4 and missing out on the CL money. Obviously the worse the team gets the higher the premium.

Apart from Ladbrookes, William Hill, Stan James et al Insurance then No, can't believe or understand how this would work.

Blue Mist said:
Blue Mist said:

I accept that they have sponsors who are tied into deals, I am merely commenting on what this financial expert stated. One stat he gave is that next season there is 30 million each for the top four from Champs League TV money, the season after it doubles. So the Rags would have 60 million, 90 million over 2 seasons less than City. he was saying that is basic meltdown if it happens..

Blue mist not a problem I realised that you were just reporting what a so called "Expert" had said. Agree with you would like nothing more than to see them continually drop down the ladder. I have been telling United fans for awhile now that if Liverpool get the 4th spot that is a bigger problem to them than us or Chelsea. Great to watch from the side-lines though.

bluemonkey71 said:

Where do you work, the swamp?

bluemonkey71 said:

No but I am sure as soon as Aviva realised that David Moyes and Phil Neville were taking charge they would have pulled the policy.

Shirley said:
bluemonkey71 said:

City (of London)

Came from a Spurs fan who works in finance. Not sure whether its bollox or not though.

bluemonkey71 said:
Shirley said:
bluemonkey71 said:

City (of London)

Came from a Spurs fan who works in finance. Not sure whether its bollox or not though.

A footballing equivalent of Gap Insurance? I would very much doubt it but thinking of some of member loons at Lloyd's maybe so, one things for sure they might get away with one year of an arrangement but the drawbridge would be raised pretty quickly .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.