Talksport now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville Kneville said:
Pigeonho said:
moomba said:
I don't get the attitude that it's ok for the media to print and say anything about us as we can simply not read or listen to it.

I'm sure the club doesn't have that attitude, and neither should we as supporters. There have been plenty of crap spoken about the club, and repeated almost to the extent it's treated as fact.

That damages the club and we should be able to discuss that on here without the snide digs and the anti-agenda police telling us that we should just change the channel.

FWIW I haven't listened to Talksport today and didn't hear the call being referred to.
There's plenty of crap spoken/printed about every club.
Also, how does it 'damage' the club? Whatever it is Irani did or didn't do this morning, how has it damaged the club? How does anything anyone says about any club ever damage it? You're being too sensitive about it all. If I go out and launch a campaign on my neighbour and call him a paedo, that will damage him. If Ronald Irani says something silly about City, Chelsea or any other club on the radio, it won't damage that particular club. If Irani goes on the show tomorrow and says City, Chelsea or any other club have paedo's working for them, it will damage the club but they don't say that do they? They talk about the nonsense world that is football and anyone knows to just laugh it off and take it for what it is - nonsense.

I don't listen to Talkshite any more because it is too annoying but if you think publicity is unimportant, you are not living in the real world. Publicity is one of the main reasons City were bought up by Abu Dhabi & there are people all over the world specifically employed to create a good image for businesses.

We spend fortunes on creating a good image at City because it matters. People in the media who don't like us, spend time getting accross any small point that puts us in a bad light, because when you put all the little bits together it creates the image of City which they prefer to project.

Bottom paragraph nails the entire press in this country, regardless of person or issue. Good words there mate.

bobbyowenquiff said:
There is nothing wrong with some robust criticism of City..they deserve it after the Saints performance. But the problem here is about factual accuracy. Radio Stations like Talksport and the tabloids repeat lies about City constantly especially about our spending in relation to huge-spenders like United and Chelsea. Eventually these innacuracies become accepted as so-called "truth" by most of the public. This is potentially very damaging to our brand and image. The most notorious example of this is the way Liverpool fans were destroyed by years of innaccurate stories (not just the Sun either)
The Hillsborough coverage is an extreme example but it makes the point that the "drip drip" affect of innaccurate journalism can be hugely damaging. I don't believe there is an anti-City agenda at work but the club must be strong in the way it rebutts these sort of slurs. I sometimes think our PR team is a bit too soft( I am not suggesting a return to the days of Paul Tyrell either as confrontation can be counter-productive)

Well said mate, "Drip, Drip" "inaccurate Journalism"

blue underpants said:
Noel Gallagher just been on with Cundy, he wants a big clear out in the summer but wants Mancini to stay for 10 years and build the club

Oh no, the part-time 'fan' speaks. I wont be listening.

Mike N said:
blue underpants said:
Noel Gallagher just been on with Cundy, he wants a big clear out in the summer but wants Mancini to stay for 10 years and build the club

Just listened to his interview on talksport website he made some great points worth a listen

Mike N said:
blue underpants said:

It would be interesting to know your definition of a part-time fan. Is it because he lives 200 miles away or is it that he doesn't go to every game home and away. Just need to know so we can discount the vast majority of opinions on this board from all the other part-time fans.<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:03 pm --<br /><br />
baildon blue said:
Not bothered what Noels says.Liam supports City more than Noel.
Interesting. Liam supports City more than Noel so that makes his opinion less valid.

I am guessing that you support City more than me and most other people on this board so your opinion counts more than ours.

Blue2112 said:
Was listening to Keys and Gray this morning and Andy Gray was very complimentary about us saying everything he see's about our owners reeks of class and the way they are going about their business quiet and respectfully and we're still a great team and it's very hard for teams to win two titles back to back and we'll be there again next season.

Later on they had Eamonn Dunphy on who wrote Keanes book and he was talking about the Haaland tackle and how it was that Keane described what was going through his mind at the time but it was Dunphy's words that described it in the book and not Keane's. When he got hauled up in front of the FA Dunphy went along with Keane pleeading to them that is was hios description of the events and not Keane's but he still ended up with a 9 match ban for it. Dunphy then went on to say Fergie understood the situation and was very understanding.

However Keys and Gray althoiugh especially Keys was having none of it and said but Keane must have described those thoughts for you to write them down and Keane could and should have read the book before publication and if he wasn't happy then it could have been changed. Keys also went on to say the original tackle from Haaland wasn't even his fault but was of Keane's own making. Dunphy tried squirming out of it by saying it was Haaland standing over Keane and telling him to eff off that was the catalyst. Again Keys wasn't really having that and said it was a disgraceful tackle and one of the worst he's seen. They moved on to Keane's spat with Mcarthy in the world cup and it was obvious Dunphy was up Keane's arse but again Keys was arguing that it was Keane's fault again.

Fair play to the two of them this morning for not backing to the Rag sycophants.

Keys & Gray are the best on that shite excuse for a radio station by some considerable distance.

Keys and gray are brilliant on TS, and are not in the slightest bitter towards us, even when we lose there is ryhm and reason behind it, and I applaud them for this. Many other media folk, should take a listen and learn a bit about decency and fair mindedness towards our great club. Wish they were both back on sky.

TGR said:
Blue2112 said:
Was listening to Keys and Gray this morning and Andy Gray was very complimentary about us saying everything he see's about our owners reeks of class and the way they are going about their business quiet and respectfully and we're still a great team and it's very hard for teams to win two titles back to back and we'll be there again next season.

Later on they had Eamonn Dunphy on who wrote Keanes book and he was talking about the Haaland tackle and how it was that Keane described what was going through his mind at the time but it was Dunphy's words that described it in the book and not Keane's. When he got hauled up in front of the FA Dunphy went along with Keane pleeading to them that is was hios description of the events and not Keane's but he still ended up with a 9 match ban for it. Dunphy then went on to say Fergie understood the situation and was very understanding.

However Keys and Gray althoiugh especially Keys was having none of it and said but Keane must have described those thoughts for you to write them down and Keane could and should have read the book before publication and if he wasn't happy then it could have been changed. Keys also went on to say the original tackle from Haaland wasn't even his fault but was of Keane's own making. Dunphy tried squirming out of it by saying it was Haaland standing over Keane and telling him to eff off that was the catalyst. Again Keys wasn't really having that and said it was a disgraceful tackle and one of the worst he's seen. They moved on to Keane's spat with Mcarthy in the world cup and it was obvious Dunphy was up Keane's arse but again Keys was arguing that it was Keane's fault again.

Fair play to the two of them this morning for not backing to the Rag sycophants.

Keys & Gray are the best on that shite excuse for a radio station by some considerable distance.
Paul Hawksbee isn't too bad either.

cityboy5 said:
TGR said:
Blue2112 said:

However Keys and Gray althoiugh especially Keys was having none of it and said but Keane must have described those thoughts for you to write them down and Keane could and should have read the book before publication and if he wasn't happy then it could have been changed. Keys also went on to say the original tackle from Haaland wasn't even his fault but was of Keane's own making. Dunphy tried squirming out of it by saying it was Haaland standing over Keane and telling him to eff off that was the catalyst. Again Keys wasn't really having that and it was a disgraceful tackle and one of the worst he's seen. They moved on to Keane's spat with Mcarthy in the world cup and it was obvious Dunphy was up Keane's arse but again Keys was arguing that it was Keane's fault again.

Paul Hawksbee isn't too bad either.

Apart from the **** in the morning, Hawksbee and Jacobs are the worst two presenters on talkshite, IMHO.

And considering the amount of wankers that poor excuse for a radio station employs, that is some achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.