Talksport

I was at the game. Season ticket holder from Scotland. Premier League is all I can do when each match costs a couple of hundred when tickets, fuel and hotel are factored in. Of course it’s down to money, it really boils my piss that a working class fan base are ridiculed and criticised for not having sufficient money to attend every match whilst other clubs get a free pass. A couple of callers called that out and were quickly silenced.
It’s easy when you’ve got money to say surely you can afford....
not everyone can.
I’d turned if off by the time other callers rang in obviously.

The Burton game showed that we probably have 30k hardcore local fans who will turn up whatever the game, whatever the day & whatever the weather. There’s probably another 10k or so who struggle to make midweek games because the travelling is an issue. There’s probably 30k who pick and choose but probably go to 10 games a season or more. There’s probably another 30k who go to a game every now and again.

Monday night game against average opponents will see about 45k City fans there. That’s why we’re looking at different ticketing options but if City take a sales-driven approach then they’d adopt dynamic pricing, offering lower prices for less popular games the nearer kick-off gets. We could fill the ground but plenty on here would then moan about someone getting a ticket for £20 when they’d paid £40.

Well I'm arrogant & I was there, but I knew we were going to win fucking easily, so I thought I might as well go.
That’s not arrogance though, that’s being confident.
I wasn’t by the way, I was expecting them to have a right go, how wrong i was : )

The Burton game showed that we probably have 30k hardcore local fans who will turn up whatever the game, whatever the day & whatever the weather. There’s probably another 10k or so who struggle to make midweek games because the travelling is an issue. There’s probably 30k who pick and choose but probably go to 10 games a season or more. There’s probably another 30k who go to a game every now and again.

Monday night game against average opponents will see about 45k City fans there. That’s why we’re looking at different ticketing options but if City take a sales-driven approach then they’d adopt dynamic pricing, offering lower prices for less popular games the nearer kick-off gets. We could fill the ground but plenty on here would then moan about someone getting a ticket for £20 when they’d paid £40.

If the stadium is expanded, & we make more of an effort to get fans in, by doing as you say, we'll get bigger gates for these games than we get for the 'biggest' games now imo.

But still have empty seats.

I was at the game. Season ticket holder from Scotland. Premier League is all I can do when each match costs a couple of hundred when tickets, fuel and hotel are factored in. Of course it’s down to money, it really boils my piss that a working class fan base are ridiculed and criticised for not having sufficient money to attend every match whilst other clubs get a free pass. A couple of callers called that out and were quickly silenced.

Especially when it's usually by multi millionaires who fucking freeload into every match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.