Talksport

There's some competition at last.

Did a re-tune of my digital radio and noticed a channel called LoveSport

You can listen online too https://www.lovesportradio.com/player/uk/ but don't get too excited as the current program (The Final Whistle) is followed by The Manchester United Fans Show at 8 pm.

So it's probably same shit, different station.

Kelvin Mackenzie owns it.

Kelvin Mackenzie owns it.

Ah, I see from the schedules that he has a daily show at 10.00, up against Jim Shite.

Also noticed they do shows specifically for fans of all prem teams. The City one is tonight at 9 pm.

Gave it a listen and heard an ad for their station, slagging off Alan Brazil and talkshite at the same time.

Ah, I see from the schedules that he has a daily show at 10.00, up against Jim Shite.

Also noticed they do shows specifically for fans of all prem teams. The City one is tonight at 9 pm.

Gave it a listen and heard an ad for their station, slagging off Alan Brazil and talkshite at the same time.

Mackenzie's on now, sack the train drivers and the guards, no early release from prisons let em die, and he's all for not paying tax.

All in under ten minutes.

Very reassuring mainstream stuff for the Great British public.

You’d expect advertisers to start pulling out of the station unless they are on long contractual tie-ins. Trouble is I suppose, that they are now bankrolled by Sky, so it’s unlikely to cut too deep.
It would be great if Talksport folded and was replaced by an intelligent sports channel which would be a stronger business model in my view as long as the content was good. A sportsflix digital channel with video and audio content would go well if done properly. SKY and Talksport are just too moronic and fixated on Liverpool and United. They have both been losing viewers/listeners. The demand for tabloid newspapers is also plunging. There is a market for discerning sports fans if someone has the balls and deep enough pockets to back it.

It would be great if Talksport folded and was replaced by an intelligent sports channel which would be a stronger business model in my view as long as the content was good. A sportsflix digital channel with video and audio content would go well if done properly. SKY and Talksport are just too moronic and fixated on Liverpool and United. They have both been losing viewers/listeners. The demand for tabloid newspapers is also plunging. There is a market for discerning sports fans if someone has the balls and deep enough pockets to back it.

Talksport 2 is actually more fact based and lesson opinion based, focused more on sports news, which is great, but ends up being the same half hour on repeat loop. Let’s be honest you only need that, or 1 hour max, for a full sports digest every 24 hours; the other 23 would be repeats or filler.

I suppose you could have a mixture of that and targeted news or magazine shows for each club, but listeners would only ever tune in for their club and the general news.

Mackenzie's on now, sack the train drivers and the guards, no early release from prisons let em die, and he's all for not paying tax.

All in under ten minutes.

Very reassuring mainstream stuff for the Great British public.
Ah, a radio version of the Daily Mail as opposed to Talksport's version of the Daily Star/Sun

I think you miss the point of their existence. To make money via advertising. So they need more listeners to hook in advertisers.... Thats why they pander to the masses.
Any other station not doing otherwise wont last 3 weeks.

I listen to the 10pm -1am (UK time) Goldstein and Cundy show on my way home from work as it us usually entertaining.
Cant believe what they are doing now in the absence of live football.
They are paying Graham "Beaky" Beecroft to sit at home and watch a memorable match from the past and report back when a goal or whatever happens as if it is taking place right then. Botht presenters freaking out when a goal is scored....
Monday night was Germany 1 England 5
Tuesday was England 2 Greece 2
Wont be tuning in tonight..... Will put Morrissey on Spotify.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.