Talksport

I listen to the 10pm -1am (UK time) Goldstein and Cundy show on my way home from work as it us usually entertaining.
Cant believe what they are doing now in the absence of live football.
They are paying Graham "Beaky" Beecroft to sit at home and watch a memorable match from the past and report back when a goal or whatever happens as if it is taking place right then. Botht presenters freaking out when a goal is scored....
Monday night was Germany 1 England 5
Tuesday was England 2 Greece 2
Wont be tuning in tonight..... Will put Morrissey on Spotify.....
That would send me over the edge.

I listen to the 10pm -1am (UK time) Goldstein and Cundy show on my way home from work as it us usually entertaining.
They are paying Graham "Beaky" Beecroft to sit at home and watch a memorable match from the past and report back when a goal or whatever happens as if it is taking place right then. Botht presenters freaking out when a goal is scored....
They've turned into a shit Bluemoon*

Will they do the aguero moment soon

I think you miss the point of their existence. To make money via advertising. So they need more listeners to hook in advertisers.... Thats why they pander to the masses.
Any other station not doing otherwise wont last 3 weeks.
I was considering a digital subscription model like Netflix with audio and video content provided across multi channels. I think Talksport is 20 years out of date and will struggle to survive in its current form. Radio and print advertising is on its backside. Considering it has a monopoly on 24/7 sports coverage in the UK its audience figures and revenues are dire, and slumping even more in this pandemic crisis. They may be trying to pander to the masses (like a lot of tabloid newspapers) but the masses appear to have moved on.

Most football fans are just that - football fans. We're fanatic about the clubs we have chosen to support but we're also happy to watch pub teams in the local park. We all love the game and want to watch and talk about it 24/7. But the typical Sky/TalkSport audience doesn't care too much about the sport, they only see the kudos in pretending to support the big glamour clubs so they are more likely to find similar lemmings in the classroom. Go to the average school and get one kid to stand up and say he/she supports the rags and you see how many other kids all say: "Me too!" You get one kid who gets up and says he supports his local non-league club and he's suddenly the outcast, the Billy-no-mates that every school has.
This is why we have platforms like TalkSport, for the great unwashed to feel a part of society, to fit in with their peers.

These kids don't see football, they see acceptance.

Sooner listen to the commentary.

I was considering a digital subscription model like Netflix with audio and video content provided across multi channels. I think Talksport is 20 years out of date and will struggle to survive in its current form. Radio and print advertising is on its backside. Considering it has a monopoly on 24/7 sports coverage in the UK its audience figures and revenues are dire, and slumping even more in this pandemic crisis. They may be trying to pander to the masses (like a lot of tabloid newspapers) but the masses appear to have moved on.
When a company selling shirts you can wear untucked (as if it is a new invention) is advertising on there, you know they are not receiving much money to air adverts.

When a company selling shirts you can wear untucked (as if it is a new invention) is advertising on there, you know they are not receiving much money to air adverts.
Absolutely. Talksport tried to re-brand last year as a 24/7 sports news broadcaster and purchased the rights to cover Premier League matches. That looks like the last throw of the dice for them. I think broadcast TV and Radio are doomed long-term. Even old farts like me are now using streaming services. I have a streaming radio which allows me to listen to podcasts and digital radio from anywhere. I use Netflix and Amazon all the time. The content provided by Talksport is not good enough to sustain an audience with so much competition out there. I give them a maximum survival period of five years but Coronavirus could hasten their end. For me that will be a second occasion for jelly and ice cream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.