Talksport

Ask Lewis how unsafe he felt working for the Sunday Sport and their championing of women...
Yeah, funny, you’d think that paper was produced with no journalists at all.
Tony Livesey certainly keeps it quiet, a bit surprising really, considering how many hours of talking he’s done on so many different subjects on the radio over the years.

This is in most parts of UK.

Not sure why the bashing of Qatar is still going
On. They have delivered one hell of a World Cup for a nation the size of a city. No street fighting, no idiot fans, no crimes. Let’s give both the credit it deserves.
Do you think there’ll be much street fighting in the USA? Was there much in South Africa? Or how about Japan? They’ve all got something in common, along with Qatar, and it’s not Islam.

On. They have delivered one hell of a World Cup for a nation the size of a city. No street fighting, no idiot fans, no crimes. Let’s give both the credit it deserves.
To expensive for the idiots, no street corner Red Lion pub to meet up in, nobody taking any risks with the coke & simply frightened to put 1 foot wrong in Qatar

Watching fans mingle in the ground & freely walk together outside was so good to see

Qatar has had its LGBT & human rights problem but 99% of those working out there during this competition have taken plenty of readies so they cant have it both ways

For me easily the best World Cup & Final imo

Yeah, funny, you’d think that paper was produced with no journalists at all.
Tony Livesey certainly keeps it quiet, a bit surprising really, considering how many hours of talking he’s done on so many different subjects on the radio over the years.

Some very big hitters came out of that office!

I can tell you that perving it is a lot more rife in the Middle East having spent some time there.

The trip to Qatar was probably too expensive for the usual riff raff who cause trouble which is why there was no fighting.

They weren’t pissed, that’s why there was no fighting
Correct, I’m not sure how much of success it was as I don’t know anyone to talk to who’s been, for me a lot of these events are the social side, I went to Euro 2004 and a match at the WC in 2006, both brilliant times in the fan zones etc, it all looked very sanitised to me pretty much how they are trying to make the CL and the premier league, the move to a more family orientation less booze etc, I suppose that’s were the money is but the experience for me is nit the same. I’m going to try and get to Euros in 2024 in hopefully my camper van and then I’d love to do USA 2026 as part of a family holiday, maybe I’m the type of dinosaur that will be gone in the next 30/40 years and the lights shows etc will be the thing, not for me though, thats to Americanised for me, next they will be playing music when someone’s down injured to keep the atmosphere going!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.