Talksport

Then you’re an idiot.
Well why would you bid 90m if you can't buy before you can sell? Surely you wouldn't bid at all, until you've let go of a few players?

None of it makes any sense. Why make an opening bid of 90m, then pull out without ever making a 2nd bid? If they knew the price to begin with, why bid way below west ham's original price (to what west ham wanted). I genuinely don't think we were interested in the player, and just drove the price up for Arsenal. Smart, if so.

Last edited:
Well why would you bid 90m if you can't buy before you can sell? Surely you wouldn't bid at all, until you've let go of a few players?

None of it makes any sense. Why make an opening bid of 90m, then pull out without ever making a 2nd bid? If they knew the price to begin with, why bid way below west ham's original price (to what west ham wanted). I genuinely don't think we were interested in the player, and just drove the price up for Arsenal. Smart, if so.

If you think West Ham would only have accepted their valuation, then City didn't drive anything up for Arsenal. Arsenal would have had to increase their offer anyway. If you think West Ham may have accepted less, then it makes sense you bid what you think the player is worth to you and no more. It's one or the other.

On such a large amount of money and interest rates being what they are, the structure of payment comes into play
A 90m offer made in two payments could actually be worth more than 100m made in five

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.