Talksport

I gave it up completely about the same time. I have genuinely never listened to a word of it since and never will. It’s equivalent to The Sun. In other words it’s a comic. But a nasty, spiteful, hateful one.
My life and blood pressure is all the better for it.
Mike Parry was comical…….

Mike Parry was comical…….
He was. He was your classic ‘shock jock’ but in sports media, which hadn’t been done before in sports broadcasting in the UK. He and talkSPORT were the equivalent of the Sunday Sport in radio terms and still are. The problem with the football media in this country, is that we have imbeciles at talkSPORT at one level and the self styled, upper class ‘experts’ like Matthew Syed and Henry Winter at the other level. There is no middle ground to offer objective, balanced and reasonable debate and discussion. The whole lot is a complete shit show which literally gets worse by the day. I have simply fucked it off. I don’t read, watch or listen to any of them anymore. There is no point.

I actually agreed with him on one of his hare-brained suggestions. He reckoned that the time between Christmas and New Year is "dead time" so December should be reduced to 28 days (29 in a leap year) and February increased to 31. But, then, I'm not a big festive-season-type person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.