Talksport

Didn't Jordan start out as some kind of Alan Sugar-type business tycoon? I know he owned Crystal Palace for a while, but I'm sure I read somewhere his real aim was wheeling and dealing on the stock market, commodities, etc?
But now he's on a radio show using this position to provoke football fans across the country, hoping they'll ring in and swell the coffers of TalkShite.

What a twat.
I would have to google, but I am pretty sure he started out with a mobile phone company. Or something to do with phones.

But now he claims to know what the fan wants and care about the fan. He also talks a lot about how he put money into the game and lads like Souness took it out. I heard him say that when I watched a clip on YouTube the other day.

The guy obviously thinks he is great. If he was great he wouldn't be a regular on such a WUM radio station.

Didn't Jordan start out as some kind of Alan Sugar-type business tycoon? I know he owned Crystal Palace for a while, but I'm sure I read somewhere his real aim was wheeling and dealing on the stock market, commodities, etc?
But now he's on a radio show using this position to provoke football fans across the country, hoping they'll ring in and swell the coffers of TalkShite.

What a twat.
Jordan was a successful enough businessman at one time, in the days when an individual entrepreneur could own a club in the top flight. It ended in tears and administration at Palace, not his fault according to him, and he now seemingly needs to turn in to TS every day for a wage. Which does suggest that the good times are some way behind him. Pretty much every opinionated pundit was an average player, failed manager or failed club owner, but for Jordan to regularly be commenting critically on the running of clubs like City worth billions, based on his time at Palace, is a bit like a guy in the Arndale Market who sells mobile phone cases slagging off Bill Gates.

Jordan was a successful enough businessman at one time, in the days when an individual entrepreneur could own a club in the top flight. It ended in tears and administration at Palace, not his fault according to him, and he now seemingly needs to turn in to TS every day for a wage. Which does suggest that the good times are some way behind him. Pretty much every opinionated pundit was an average player, failed manager or failed club owner, but for Jordan to regularly be commenting critically on the running of clubs like City worth billions, based on his time at Palace, is a bit like a guy in the Arndale Market who sells mobile phone cases slagging off Bill Gates.
The Bill Gates analogy is a perfect description of Simple Simon.

I would have to google, but I am pretty sure he started out with a mobile phone company. Or something to do with phones

Correct

Danny Oppenheimer, of Princeton, wrote an article entitled...

"Consequences of Erudite Vernacular Utilised Irrespective of Necessity: Problems with using long words needlessly"

... in which he showed that couching familiar ideas in pretentious language is taken as a sign of poor intelligence and low credibility (by the professors reading the students' essays).

Simon Jordan is a **** (obviously) and so is anyone else afflicted with the same pretentious behaviour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.