Talksport

Had it on for some it the van on the way to work.
That stupid jock bird going an about gen z or something.
No idea what your on about .
And who gives a fuck.
Off it goes
All that Gen Z, Gen X, Millennial stuff bores the fuck out of me but there are plenty who love it. To be fair to Talkshite they know how to push buttons. Cunts.

Danny Oppenheimer, of Princeton, wrote an article entitled...

"Consequences of Erudite Vernacular Utilised Irrespective of Necessity: Problems with using long words needlessly"

... in which he showed that couching familiar ideas in pretentious language is taken as a sign of poor intelligence and low credibility (by the professors reading the students' essays).

Simon Jordan is a **** (obviously) and so is anyone else afflicted with the same pretentious behaviour.
Really wish I could like this more than once!

"Consequences of Erudite Vernacular Utilised Irrespective of Necessity: Problems with using long words needlessly"

... in which he showed that couching familiar ideas in pretentious language is taken as a sign of poor intelligence and low credibility (by the professors reading the students' essays).

Simon Jordan is a **** (obviously) and so is anyone else afflicted with the same pretentious behaviour.
Great reminder! I read an article about that yonks ago.. didn't he win a Nobel Prize for it?!

Also took me back to growing up in 'Yoom' (Hulme) in the early 60s.. we were always correcting one another when suspected sesquipedalian language was being used by one of our number whilst hanging around on street corners after dark, considering mindless vandalism and violence and the like.. that was how we rolled in them days..

I can honestly say I'd never heard of gen z till she said it.
And now you've said another gen x .
I must be old.

All that Gen Z, Gen X, Millennial stuff bores the fuck out of me but there are plenty who love it. To be fair to Talkshite they know how to push buttons. Cun

Spot on. When i was at the Poly (Didsbury campus) there was a lad on the course (a rag) who loved using long words and half the time he got tangled up with them and was using words completely out of context.
When it came to doing our final 10,000 word thesis, I got a B and he got a D.
He told me his tutor had said he used far too many long words unnecessarily - and in some instances incorrectly - and was down graded accordingly. He said he was told to use simple language.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.