Tap water for cooking

Ragnarok

I have run out of drinking water and am using tap water for cooking rice now. Wish me luck. And if things go bad, it has been nice knowing most of you.

Just shows what we take for granted. I moan because Yorkshire water doesn't taste as nice as the water on the better side of the Pennines, but at least it's clean and won't kill me.

If the water boils it should kill the nasties in the water i am led to believe, though what the rice fella's do in the paddy fields whilst the rice is maturing and absorbing well that's a different trip to the lavatory altogether ;)

talkativesprout said:
If the water boils it should kill the nasties in the water i am led to believe, though what the rice fella's do in the paddy fields whilst the rice is maturing and absorbing well that's a different trip to the lavatory altogether ;)

Personally I would boil the water before using it for the rice to make sure.

I don't envy ya Ragnarok.

talkativesprout said:

It might kill the nasties, but there is still the danger from unwanted levels of minerals and metals.

Ragnarok said:
talkativesprout said:

It might kill the nasties, but there is still the danger from unwanted levels of minerals and metals.

Dont be soft, it will put lead in your pencil...:)

Ragnarok said:
I have run out of drinking water and am using tap water for cooking rice now. Wish me luck. And if things go bad, it has been nice knowing most of you.

Is the tap water really that bad in India??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.