Tap water for cooking

samharris said:
Ragnarok said:
I have run out of drinking water and am using tap water for cooking rice now. Wish me luck. And if things go bad, it has been nice knowing most of you.

Is the tap water really that bad in India??

Yes

samharris said:
Ragnarok said:
I have run out of drinking water and am using tap water for cooking rice now. Wish me luck. And if things go bad, it has been nice knowing most of you.

Is the tap water really that bad in India??

It ain't good.

But then we have to choose between the flouridated piss that comes out of our taps or DEHA-leeching bottles which have been sitting in a warehouse for three months.

eddiemarin09 said:
New York City water is surprisingly not bad

Here's the answer to your problems Ragnorak. Get someone to deliver some tap water from NYC or better still pop over there with a couple of jerry cans.

If boiled it should kill most if not all harmful bacteria, how bad is the tap water in India?, when in Thailand we used rainwater and the tap water for cooking never had an issue though I did drink it a few times and had the two bobs from time to time when doing so

eddiemarin09 said:
New York City water is surprisingly not bad
It's hard water though.

Last time i stayed in Brooklyn, turned on the tap and it said " What da fuck are you looking at?"

I wouldn't worry too much to be honest.. the rice will have almost certainly been grown in a paddy field that's fertilized by human sewage anyway!

Going forward, couldn't you just distill the water? I remember doing it in school and it was pretty easy, I feel like 2 water bottles a pot, a plastic bag and a hot plate was needed . I'm sure there's an actual guide on the Internet somewhere , but I believe it gets rid of minerals and bacteria

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.