Team against United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: United Vs City Pre Match discussion Thread

OptaCity Opta City
24 - In 24 appearances #MCFC's Gareth Barry has never won a Premier League game against #MUFC, drawing 4 and losing 20. Evasive.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Eeep, get him on the bench!

In this formation Kompany would hold forward of Lescott in a center-half role. This will provide back-up for DeJong who is allowed to roam as a holding DM. Richards would not advance into the attacking third. Milner would line up as a LM, but would not advance, instead shuttling inward to play as a CM. Yaya charges deep as an AM. Aguero falls back deep, if necessary, like a false nine. Silva is allowed to roam. Balotelli stays on the left, providing support to Milner and Clichy.
subs-Pantilimon, Kolarov, Savic, Barry, Dzeko, Johnson, Nasri
abBq97Jaer.jpg

The team that was on the field vs Villarreal when Kun scored should be the starting lineup.

Why breakup the flow or momentum when that formation is on a roll?

Silva needs time & space to perform and 'soar like an eagle' with Yaya the 'false 9' to hem the scums defense back.

Barry & Milner are both able to provide a creative outlet for Silva and Yaya combo and work very well defensively as a combo.
We don't need a human pylon (in the form of a holding mf) which the scums' style of play can circumvent.

Zaba always do well against the scums. My alternates are Mario (Dzeko), Clichy (Kolarov) & Micah (Zaba) respectively.

Nervous just thinking about it. Getting on their train from Piccadilly, which will be interesting.....don't know how a quick rendition of 'MANCINI....wooo, wooo, woooo, wooo....MANCINI' will go down!

Time for the players to prove they're worth top spot. If we get beat, the papers will have a field day with 'it's their first tough game, and they've bottled it'. And then 3 pages of the Rags winning mentality, and the fact that it can't be bought.

comeonyoublues said:
milner should start

Milner & Barry in the starting lineup, offensively & defensively, will be more effective and will integrate or dovetail well with Silva, Yaya, Kun & Dzeko (& with Nasri or Mario).

Lets go into OT with a WINNING mentality. For once a visiting team, which City is capable of, needs to put the fear into the scums rather than going in with a DRAW mentality which inevitably leads to a defeat.

Balotelli and Milner should both start, though I can see Dzeko getting in ahead of Balo which would annoy me considering the differences in their forms right now.

blueprint said:
comeonyoublues said:
milner should start
Lets go into OT with a WINNING mentality. For once a visiting team, which City is capable of, needs to put the fear into the scums rather than going in with a DRAW mentality which inevitably leads to a defeat.
Just like Chelsea when thet went to the Swamp a few weeks ago. Being over-confident is not the answer. We simply need to match their work rate and not give the ball away.

imo as long as we dont do defensive we will win the game, one thing you cant do at ragland is sit back, you have to attack, play ball around, keep them away from ball, one thing Cs proved was, if you constantly go at them and dont decide to sit back we should win.
personally i stick dzeko up from with aguero just in behind floating.
i know dzeko has gone off boil but hes due for a big game like season beginings. imo mario is too hot headed to start with, and you just know the rags will wind him up

My whish is of course to play with dzeko...

My whish:

-------------HART------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescot- Clichy
-----Yaya Toure-----NDJ---------
Silva-------Nasri------Milner----
--------DZEKO---------------

But the best for city , and to get a good result , is anothe option...

Best possible starting line up:

-----------HART------------
Richard-Kom.--Les.--clichy
---Yaya Toure-- NDJ--------
Milner --- Silva----------
---------Aguero--------
--------Balotelli---- (but of course mancini should talk to balotelli and not to get provocated by ferdinand or evra ,, cause we know what will happen if he gets angry)

at least i hope dzeko will get his 10 or 15 minutes ;)

good luck cityy..... rags down..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.