Team for City v Boro

Marvin

Boro are 4th in the Championship 3 points off an automatic promotion spot.

I thought Wednesday were awful when we played them so Boro are bound to be better, although I wonder whether they will play their strongest team given how close they are to promotion. Several times in the past I've seen Championship teams in similar positions focus on the League.

This was their team at the weekend at home to Huddersfield.

Konstantopoulos, Kalas, Gibson, Ayala, Friend, Leadbitter, Clayton, Tomlin, Bamford (Reach 74), Adomah, Garcia (Vossen 84)

Subs not used: Ledesma, Husband, Whitehead, Omeruo, Mejias

Kalas is on loan from Chelsea. I've heard if Leadbetter and Adomah but the majority of the players I have no knowledge of whatsoever.

Their crowd was 18,500.

As far as City are concerned I think we'll see Sagna, Kolarov and Mangala come back in. And maybe Pozo. I'm sure Aguero will start as he needs games.

---------------------------Hart
Sagna------Kompany-----Mangala-----Kolarov
-------------Milner--Fernandinho
------------Navas----Jovetic----Silva
-------------------------Aguero

-------------Lampard--Fernando
------------Navas----Jovetic----Pozo

I think we'll rest silva tbh. I would definitely start Lamps here.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

I think we'll rest silva tbh.

EDS didn't look to bad!

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

I think we'll rest silva tbh.
Maybe but it's risky. No Nasri and Yaya so I think we need to play our strongest team or close to it. We could use him from the bench again

FantasyIreland said:
Full strength.

Couple of kids on bench.

Gets my vote, our 'second string' first team players can't perform without at least 2 of Silva, Nasri and Yaya as they seem incapable of playing anything other than plan A and without Silva and the others we gave to adapt our game.

Full first team with bench of Willy, MDM, Lampard, Barker, Pozo, Ambrose and either of the young full backs.

Blow Bro out of the water and get 3 lads on in the second half.

Pozo should definitely start. Need to try and get him involved with the first team again.

Kolarov will probably start so don't see why Angelino can't be on the bench instead of Clichy.

Then it's just the question of Barker, Ambrose or Celina as well on the bench.

blue b4 the moon said:
FantasyIreland said:
Full strength.

Couple of kids on bench.

Gets my vote, our 'second string' first team players can't perform without at least 2 of Silva, Nasri and Yaya as they seem incapable of playing anything other than plan A and without Silva and the others we gave to adapt our game.

Full first team with bench of Willy, MDM, Lampard, Barker, Pozo, Ambrose and either of the young full backs.

Blow Bro out of the water and get 3 lads on in the second half.

I think the personnel are secondary to starting a game with some vigour, purpose and effort. If we could have the first twenty minutes of the second half v The Arse for the full 90 mins and a ref who understands the laws and applies them evenly, we should be in the next round. Home to Dale, too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.