Team for Hull Game

Re: Official Match Thread; City v Hull

Absolutely disgraceful and unacceptable.

Three seasons ago this would've been a calamitous run of form with crap like Vassell, Corradi, Samaras, etc. in the side.

Fastforward three seasons and hundreds of millions of pounds in talent and I'm not even sure there's a word strong enough to describe how utterly unacceptable a run of seven league matches without a win against the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Brum, Burnley, and Hull.

I'm off to go finish the job I started after that Burnley catastrophe and go demolish more outdoor furniture while my neighbors look on in horror.

hilts said:
ElanJo said:
Didn't play well but we controlled the game and would have got 3 points if it wasn't for what was a joke of a penalty decision. Some of your cries of how shit Hughes is may very well be justified (6 draws in a row before today for instance) but you can't blame him for shit refs, which is what we got today.
It has to be said that some people on here (you know who you are) act as tho you've only just started watching City since the money came in. There's alot of talk about players earning shedloads of money wrecking the modern game but the new modern fan ain't exactly doin the game any good either. It makes me fookin cringe, our fanbase is being swamped by a rag mentality.

i have supported them for 30 years and base my opinons on hughes over the last 18 months, a manager should be judged on results over a period of time, whether the ref was rubbish today or not is irrelevant, why prolong this if a manager isnt good enough he has to go before the season slips away from us

Mate, I'm not looking for or expecting people to justify their support in City :) Those who fit the above description will know who they are.

If the penalty was not given then we would have got 3 point today and stopped the rot. I'm not even saying Hughes is the man to lead the club over the next few years but would we be experiencing such a meltdown had we won? no. The ref took the win away from us. Simple as that. It is relevant.

Neil McNab said:
ocimpean said:
Robbed by fracking referee, fictitious handball and not even the last corner allowed.

I disagreed with taking out Robbie and Ade, while the score was still 1-0.
They were both abysmal!

I have to disagree, they were fighting for the ball, an the passing was good. Santa's passing was v.bad, no spark in him, does not look 100% fit to me, and was not the moment to experiment.

Another below par performance and while I have been saying or at least believing that better things are ahead I have to start questioning why we have such a lack of passion and drive to go on and kill off opposition of much inferior quality.

Its clearly not good enough at present and the season could fall away very quickly if we don't start winning games.

Of course Chelsea will brush us aside if we play against them like we have in our last three home games or in fact in all our home games to date if I was honest.

ElanJo said:
hilts said:
i have supported them for 30 years and base my opinons on hughes over the last 18 months, a manager should be judged on results over a period of time, whether the ref was rubbish today or not is irrelevant, why prolong this if a manager isnt good enough he has to go before the season slips away from us

Mate, I'm not looking for or expecting people to justify their support in City :) Those who fit the above description will know who they are.

If the penalty was not given then we would have got 3 point today and stopped the rot. I'm not even saying Hughes is the man to lead the club over the next few years but would we be experiencing such a meltdown had we won? no. The ref took the win away from us. Simple as that. It is relevant.

You are in a state of denial mate. A chronic case.

ElanJo said:
hilts said:

Its not whether you get the 3 points its the manor in which you get them. Take off the blinkers and look at City's performances over those last 7 games. We haven't been battering teams senseless and been robbed by dodgy refs or unlucky goals, apart from a few spells in some games we've been outplayed, out fought, out thought by teams we should have murdered with the money we've spent and the "talent" MH has assembled.

Jonny Boy said:
ElanJo said:
Didn't play well but we controlled the game and would have got 3 points if it wasn't for what was a joke of a penalty decision. Some of your cries of how shit Hughes is may very well be justified (6 draws in a row before today for instance) but you can't blame him for shit refs, which is what we got today.
It has to be said that some people on here (you know who you are) act as tho you've only just started watching City since the money came in. There's alot of talk about players earning shedloads of money wrecking the modern game but the new modern fan ain't exactly doin the game any good either. It makes me fookin cringe, our fanbase is being swamped by a rag mentality.

The day you use the ref as an excuse is the day you are covering up for a poor display...simple as that.

What saved us to day was a clearence of the line and a wild shot straight at a defender which deflects in. I know what you mean by some of the commenst you get today but their just comments nothing more...and eveyone is entitled to them...you included!!

what matters is what is displayed on the pitch....and at home to Hull...mm, not a lot

Considering I said we didn't play well I don't see how I am covering up anything. The reality is however is that you don't always have to play well to win a game (and perhaps turn things around). The ref fooked us.

ElanJo said:
hilts said:

This is a sport called football and the ref's decisions are part of the game. we lost this game because we couldn't put the ball in the back of the Hull net more times than them...simple as that...the refs decisions didn't stop us doing that....we did, by a real lack of team organization.

kp789 said:
Hughes cannot control the calibre of players we have

There are just a few deluded serial deniers left who fail to recognize this KP.

He just isn't anything like good enough to take this squad forward.

Even Gareth Southgate could do a better job. And that's a measure of how annoyed I've become.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.