Team for Hull Game

Re: Official Match Thread; City v Hull

Come Monday morning and the situation will have calmed down.

By that I mean that the "Hughes should stay" crowd - some of whom will have described our performance today as shite - will doubtlessly support Mark Hughes. For no good reason.

He is now going to take us next week to eight successive matches without a Prem league win assuming we capitulate against a Chelsea side that by the end of this weekends results will be 15 points ahead of us.. This, if it happens, and the chances of it not happening are ZERO, means that it will be the worst run without a win since the EPL formed in 1992.

Let's face it, there is absolutely no good reason whatsoever why Hughes, and just as importantly his fifth rate assistants, should stay beyond the Arsenal and Chelsea matches.

Hughes hopefully will be gone long before Christmas. It will be the best Christmas present for a long time.

ElanJo said:
Didn't play well but we controlled the game and would have got 3 points if it wasn't for what was a joke of a penalty decision. Some of your cries of how shit Hughes is may very well be justified (6 draws in a row before today for instance) but you can't blame him for shit refs, which is what we got today.
It has to be said that some people on here (you know who you are) act as tho you've only just started watching City since the money came in. There's alot of talk about players earning shedloads of money wrecking the modern game but the new modern fan ain't exactly doin the game any good either. It makes me fookin cringe, our fanbase is being swamped by a rag mentality.
I agree with the fan bit. We aren't playing good enough at the moment though.

ElanJo said:
Didn't play well but we controlled the game and would have got 3 points if it wasn't for what was a joke of a penalty decision. Some of your cries of how shit Hughes is may very well be justified (6 draws in a row before today for instance) but you can't blame him for shit refs, which is what we got today.
It has to be said that some people on here (you know who you are) act as tho you've only just started watching City since the money came in. There's alot of talk about players earning shedloads of money wrecking the modern game but the new modern fan ain't exactly doin the game any good either. It makes me fookin cringe, our fanbase is being swamped by a rag mentality.

i have supported them for 30 years and base my opinons on hughes over the last 18 months, a manager should be judged on results over a period of time, whether the ref was rubbish today or not is irrelevant, why prolong this if a manager isnt good enough he has to go before the season slips away from us

Got to agree Lomas. I've been a Hughes in man because I've seen what 34 yrs of managerial merry go rounds has produced but if he can't get a group of players he bought to begin playing together on a consistent basis then you have to question if he's up to the job.

ElanJo said:

The day you use the ref as an excuse is the day you are covering up for a poor display...simple as that.

What saved us to day was a clearence of the line and a wild shot straight at a defender which deflects in. I know what you mean by some of the commenst you get today but their just comments nothing more...and eveyone is entitled to them...you included!!

what matters is what is displayed on the pitch....and at home to Hull...mm, not a lot

who would take the job?
hiddink?

dont think anyone else would jump there ship to sail in ours?

More alarming than anything is the lack of quality crosses into the oppositions box ..... i'm really struggling to think of any today.

No real width means that players such as RSC have no supply ....... and a decent supply is what had him scoring goals in his early Blackburn days.

Some of our football in the first half had a bit of 'panache' about it , but other than SWP's deflected goal , it had no real end product ...... and the second half City effort was poor to say the least.

I suspect that had Hull put in this type of battling performance at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge they'd have been 'worn down' and finally overcome ....... but it never really looked like happening here today.

Jonny Boy said:
Paul Hart's free...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

paul hart looks as though he has been our manager for most of his life!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.