Team of the season

A team of the season chosen by the public would be made up of City and Arsenal players. With a the standard utd player, and salah or someone.... No one from Brighton or Newcastle probably as a result.

City players (besides the obvious), who should/deserve to be in any team of the season would be Ake, Rodri, Stones, Bernardo, Grealish.

And Haaland, obviously!

I disagree. I think from your list only Alphonso Davies and Vinicius Jr would get into our starting XI.

No way is De Ligt better than Dias or Stones.
Modric not as good as KDB or Phil or Bernardo.

If I can add someone else though I’d have Mbappe in there!

If it’s just from PL sides I honestly can’t think of anyone I’d replace any of our best XI with.
Eh?
For starters, only KdB and Modric can be compared because of their similar positions and profiles. For me, KdB and Modric are at about the same level.
ps: I'm talking about recent years, not only this season.

Last edited:
Stopped reading at I agree with carragher.
I take it you are not a season ticket holder.

Folk were miffed as they latched on to Carragher saying he joined the wrong club but his actual points around that were spot on. Haarland will continue to improve his all round game and how we function around him and involve him in play can be far better than what it's been this season. We've struggled at times to unlearn the programming for the false 9. Surely saying he has another 40% to go can only be a positive.

Top scorer is impressive but Salah scored a few for a team scraping 4th, was seen as more impressive than the driving forces (Silva & De Bruyne) for the team that secured 100 points. Son was top scorer last season but has always been pretty average to me, not always just about that.

I can’t believe how low some Blues rate our players. Honestly look how fucking good we are, we’ve already beaten Arsenal three times this season, obviously Haaland and KDB walk into any first XI in the world, they’re the best two players in this league, so they have to be in. Then Rodri, the best defensive midfielder in the league, he’s certainly in.

Stones, Dias, Aké have all been outstanding in defence this season, why would anybody want a Newcastle or Arsenal defender instead of any of those three? Does that mean if City did a swap deal for one of them for Sven fucking Botman you’d be happy? Fucking horseshit.

I still maintain Gundogan this season is better than 38 year old Modric. So is Phil Foden.

The only question marks over City players being in the team of the season would be at GK and maybe RB simply because Walker hasn’t been selected as often with Pep’s tactics this season. On form as a full back Walker is definitely in there, unless it’s for Reece James but he’s always injured.

Not sure who I’d prefer to Ederson, certainly wouldn’t be that fucking llama faced twat at the rags though.

Folk were miffed as they latched on to Carragher saying he joined the wrong club but his actual points around that were spot on. Haarland will continue to improve his all round game and how we function around him and involve him in play can be far better than what it's been this season. We've struggled at times to unlearn the programming for the false 9. Surely saying he has another 40% to go can only be a positive.

Top scorer is impressive but Salah scored a few for a team scraping 4th, was seen as more impressive than the driving forces (Silva & De Bruyne) for the team that secured 100 points. Son was top scorer last season but has always been pretty average to me, not always just about that.
Stopped reading at spot on.

Arteta will win manager of the year 100% guaranteed. No matter if Pep wins the treble.

I really don't see why he would, if he doesn't win the league.
I'd say De Zerbi is frankly a very good shout. When Potter went, taking his staff with him, and Brighton sold their supposedly brilliant left back (just before Potter's arrival, but apparently his evaluation played a big part), you wouldn't have blamed BHA for falling into disarray.
Not only has that not happened, but they are if anything better. He's got a young side from a club with limited resources playing very attractive football.
It would send out a signal to the smaller clubs in the PL.
Is it really true, though, that only the domestic league is taken into account, and that if Pep won the CL and the Cup it would count for nothing? So Ferguson winning the treble in 99 was not taken into account in awarding it to him?? To say nothing of the knighthood.
Pull the other one.

Could be but I agree with Carragher that we've only tapped in to about 60% of what he's capable of. Apart from that spell after the WC where we were actively trying to play with ten men, then it was probably 5%. Gakpo seems to have turned Liverpool's season around and his performance vs Utd was Henry-esque, not sure Haarland has reached such a level individually.

Ah yes. We'll only put him in team of the season when he hits 60 goals in the Prem in a season. Until then, considering how good he is can anyone say he really deserves it?

Until then, let's stick Gakpoo in, who to be frank, is dogshite. How many goals does he have? 6. Well I'm sure we've fully tapped into his potential, so let's pick him. And he had an 'Henry-esque' performance in 1 game against a fucking useless united team. I really don't give a fuck, tell me when he does it against decent team or for more than 1 game per season.

I'll generally say each to their own when it comes to opinions, but youve pretty much proven that you shouldn't be allowed one, for your own good.

Pope

Trippier
Stones
Saliba
Ake

Rodri
Kdb
Odegaard

Rashford
Haaland
Saka

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.