Subs:

-Taylor (GK)
-Dunne
-Johnson (YES MICHAEL!!!!)
-Petrov
-SWP
-Bellamy
-Adebayor

When Kompany is fit he will replace Ned/Micah in team and Bellamy will be dropped from bench.

I think it is a great team and maybe another defensive addition (ALONG with Lescott if we get him) will definetely be needed for a top 4 push.

Given

Zabaleta Dunne* Onouha* Bridge

Ireland De Jong Barry

Tevez

RSC Adebayor

Subs*

Taylor
Richards
Elano
Robinho
SWP
Bellamy
Bojinov

Got a sneaking suspision that Robbie won't start. He didn't suit the physical teams last year, especially away from home. Plus He'll be a fortnight behind in training due to his extra rest. Centre halfs may be different depending on who we sign which may also affect the subs bench but for me the above team has the strength needed while still have enough creativity for a team like blackburn. Lots of pace on the bench as well to bring on later in the game. Horses for courses is the way our team will look next season. Lots of strength for the likes of blackburn, bolton, stoke etc & lots of fluidity for the footballing teams like arsenal etc.

.................................given................................
zabba...........ned......................toure..........bridge

swp......................de jong.......................barry

.............................ireland..............................

.................tevez................adebayor..................

blightee said:
---------Given
Richards Dunne Ned Bridge
----Ireland---Barry
---Tevez-------Robinho
--Adebayor--Santa Cruz
4-2-2-2

its what Manuel Pellegrini used at villareal and what he plans to use at real madrid, works really well and i think we have the personnel to use it
stevie and barry play box to box (stevie can still be a playmaker from back there)
tevez and robbie roam whilst one striker stays central the other plays off him
Like it! Though Hughes wont play it.

I think it's strange that everyone is putting De Jong in their line-up. IMO Kompany and Zab are both marginally better. De Jong is More aggressive but Kompany is more comfortable with the ball at his feet and Zab gives more for the team

.....................GIVEN................
RICHARDS...ONOUHA...DUNNE...BRIDGE.
SWP......BARRY....JOHNSON...IRELAND..
..............TEVEZ.....ADEBAYOR...........

brian the blue said:
blightee said:
---------Given
Richards Dunne Ned Bridge
----Ireland---Barry
---Tevez-------Robinho
--Adebayor--Santa Cruz
4-2-2-2

its what Manuel Pellegrini used at villareal and what he plans to use at real madrid, works really well and i think we have the personnel to use it
stevie and barry play box to box (stevie can still be a playmaker from back there)
tevez and robbie roam whilst one striker stays central the other plays off him
Like it! Though Hughes wont play it.

Love it !!! But not gonna happen

oaksie2 said:
.....................GIVEN................
RICHARDS...ONOUHA...DUNNE...BRIDGE.
SWP......BARRY....JOHNSON...IRELAND..
..............TEVEZ.....ADEBAYOR...........
don't be daft!!

kennycar said:
I think it's strange that everyone is putting De Jong in their line-up. IMO Kompany and Zab are both marginally better. De Jong is More aggressive but Kompany is more comfortable with the ball at his feet and Zab gives more for the team

Duh, could it be because Kompany's out injured for some weeks yet? Zab is no-where near as good as De-Jong as a holding midfielder but better in attack. We have Barry and Ireland for attack plus our right and left backs getting forward too.

with our current squad I would go with

GIVEN

Zabaleta Dunnie Ned Bridge

Ireland Nigel Barry

Tevez RSC Robinho

starting 11.

Depending how things are going I would bring on SWP for whichever of the central three aren't going well and go more 4-4-2.

Then throw Ade and Petrov on for Tevez and Robbie with 20 left

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.