Team to face Blackburn

We have to be VERY solid and physical against Big Sam's team. They might have Zigic by the first game so we will need to be able to cope with a LOT of balls in the air and make our midfield tough.

We can't have forward players letting defenders play an easy long ball so we will need Tevez to do his usual running but maybe this is not suited to Robby. He could be benched.

I would play:

Richards-JT/Ned-Lescott-Bridge
-----De Jong-----Barry
SWP------Ireland------Tevez
------------Ade

------------------Given---------------
-Ned--Terry(C)--Lescott--Bridge-
--------Ireland---DeJong----Barry----
---------Tevez---------Robinho-------
------------------Adebayor---------------

Bench:
Richards
Taylor
RSC
Weiss
Bojinov
De Jong
SWP

--------------Given

Zabaleta-Onouha-Lescott-Bridge

-------------De Jong

--------Ireland------Barry

Tevez--------------------Robinho

-------------Adebayor

This seems the most likely starting line up to me although with a few changes in defence depending on signings.

If he plays Robinho AND Tevez I doubt it will be 4-3-3. Bridge would be too exposed. We can do this at home but not away.

For Robby and Tevez to play I imagine this:

Richards-Ned-Lescott-Bridge
----------De Jong
Tevez----------------Barry
-------------Robinho
---------Ade

So we'd have to leave out Ireland. I think my first line-up is more likely or that above with Ireland for Robinho.

JonnyBoi said:
This seems the most likely starting line up to me although with a few changes in defence depending on signings.

I think Hughes will play Richards for sure against Blackburn due to him being much better in the air.

The ball will be in the air A LOT against them.

Based on what we have and not what we might have

Given

Zab
Dunne
Ned
Bridge

SWP/Tevez
De Jong
Barry
Ireland
Petrov/SWP/Tevez

Adebayor

Should we buy any centre halfs then amend accordingly.

Given
Bridge
Richards
Ned
Zab
Petrov
De Jong
SWP
Ireland
Tevez
Bellamy

to start...

bring on Ade, Barry and/or Robinho after Petrov and SWP have run them ragged and Bellamy has taken all the knocks. It is Blackburn we are playing and they will try to boot lumps out of us so we need some gutsy fuckers in there for the first half hour at least. Bellamy is not as good as Adebayor but he will have the right attitude and attributes to get under their skins. Take him off before he gets sent off. We need a solid start against a physical and agricultural team; playing all your ball players from the off could backfire IMO.

Dillon said:
If he plays Robinho AND Tevez I doubt it will be 4-3-3. Bridge would be too exposed. We can do this at home but not away.

For Robby and Tevez to play I imagine this:

Richards-Ned-Lescott-Bridge
----------De Jong
Tevez----------------Barry
-------------Robinho
---------Ade

So we'd have to leave out Ireland. I think my first line-up is more likely or that above with Ireland for Robinho.

Why are you only playing 9 outfield players ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.