team vs Rags

Tricky_Trev said:
.......................Bellamy.......................
Petrov..........................................SWP
.......................Ireland (if fit)................
..............Barry................De Jong..........

Bridge.......Lescott........Toure.......Richards

........................Given.........................

That was mine too .

Shooter 83 said:
Tevez is likely to play.
In a way, i hope he doesn't start. I 'd like to see him on the bench and used as a 2nd half sub with half an hour to go. He looked unfit BEFORE his injury! He's still suffering from missing virtually all of pre-season. I wouldn't start him to be honest. But each to their own.

...............................Given
Richards......... Toure..............Lescott...........Bridge

Zab.............Animal..............Barry.................Petrov............

...................................SWP............................................
....................................Bellers
I'm assuming Ade & Superman will be missing.

Tricky_Trev said:
Shooter 83 said:
Tevez is likely to play.
In a way, i hope he doesn't start. I 'd like to see him on the bench and used as a 2nd half sub with half an hour to go. He looked unfit BEFORE his injury! He's still suffering from missing virtually all of pre-season. I wouldn't start him to be honest. But each to their own.

He will start, Hughes has said he could of played at a push against Arsenal but didnt want to risk it, the injury is not as bad as first feared.

dom said:
Tricky_Trev said:
.......................Bellamy.......................
Petrov..........................................SWP
.......................Ireland (if fit)................
..............Barry................De Jong..........

Bridge.......Lescott........Toure.......Richards

........................Given.........................

That was mine too .

Bellamy where Petrov is and Tevez upfront.

Shooter 83 said:
Tricky_Trev said:

He will start, Hughes has said he could of played at a push against Arsenal but didnt want to risk it, the injury is not as bad as first feared.
Yeah, he probably will start. I'm just saying that i wouldn't do it. I guess Petrov's going to be on the bench again, with Bellamy on the left? Because i doubt he'll drop De Jong for a game at Owed Trafford.

Just as a further point, if Ade was available, i'd be more inclined to start Tevez, but as he isn't, i'm not sure how it would work. Bellamy would do a far better job as a lone striker than Carlos, as he'd actually pose a threat in behind. So the only way to start Tevez would be to drop De Jong and go 4-4-2, but then do we become too exposed? Especially considering Petrov is one of the 4. I think we need De Jong, Barry AND Ireland, so we can soak up pressure and then hit them quickly on the counter-attack, like we did against Arsenal. Therefore, i wouldn't play Tevez as he wouldn't help produce a counter-attacking game if he was up top on his own. A front 3 of Petrov, Bellers and SWP is the way to go in my opinion, as they are all pacy. Good counter-attacking play is the only way we'll win this game without Adebayor as we have nobody to hold the ball up and it will keep coming back at us again and again. Therefore, we need our quickest players. Tevez is not one of them. It's horses for courses.

I think for this game i'd actually go with a 4-4-2

----------------Given---------------

richards----toure----lescott----bridge

Shauny---De Jong---Ireland----Barry

----------Tevez-----Bellamy--------

Full of hard work, and pace on the break. Tevez and bellamy will chase everything down and make the defenders lives hell!!
very solid midfield and hopefully stevie can get a bit of form and confidence for this match.
I can see them being very worried about facing us, especially if somehow ade is able to play

CTID!!!

Is RSC not fit yet????

- - - - - - - - - - GIVEN - - - - - - - - -
RICHARDS - TOURE - LESCOTT - BRIDGE
- - - - DE JONG - - - - - - BARRY - - - -
W.PHILLIPS - - - TEVEZ - - - - BELLAMY
- - - - - - - - - RSC/ADE - - - - - - - - -

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.