teenage scum attack cyclist in town

stonie said:
[quotperhapsonho"]
Seems to me like 4 kids being twats against a cyclist. Who knows what the cyclist said to them?

It's 4 asian kids though so it just has to be linked to Wollwich/racism!

Yeah perhaps the cyclist was really nasty to them so guess he deserved a metal plate permanently inserted in his face, that will teach him ay..[/quote]
That answers fuck all to do with what I asked. You are going down the racist attack route, if that's the case then for all you know the cyclist may have called them some racist name and they've reacted to it. For all you know the cyclist may also be asian. You're the one who's related it to Woolwich, when there's literally nothing similar about it whatsoever.
If it was 4 white kids would you have linked it to woolwich? My guess is no.

ChesterRdBlue said:
another generation said:
Out of pure curiousity, I clicked on the link. Seemed like a normal news article about a fairly alarming incident, right until I read: 'the teenagers, who were all Asian'. Was it really deemed necessary to include these words? Talk about pouring petrol on to a fire. I've just sent an e-mail to the news editor, asking that the racial description be removed from the article. I won't be holding my breath.

Really? They give descriptions in most news articles, just because this one happened to be four Asians doesn't mean they should leave it out. How many times have you read the offenders were described as white, 6 foot 2, ginger hair etc, did you write in then as well?

Madness, what would you propose they do in future in say a rape case? Just say the attacker was a man, for fear of offending any particular race or causing ill feeling. World's going mad.

No they should say the attacker was human. Otherwise it's blatant sexism.

manchester blue said:
Why is it racial? It seems a normal way of identifying suspects to me to highlight their ethnicity.

Imagine the uproar

"Four white teenagers attack Asian cyclist"

ChesterRdBlue said:
another generation said:
I've just sent an e-mail to the news editor, asking that the racial description be removed from the article. I won't be holding my breath.
Really? They give descriptions in most news articles, just because this one happened to be four Asians doesn't mean they should leave it out. How many times have you read the offenders were described as white, 6 foot 2, ginger hair etc, did you write in then as well?

Madness, what would you propose they do in future in say a rape case? Just say the attacker was a man, for fear of offending any particular race or causing ill feeling.
If the police need assistance to find a criminal, through use of the media, then a detailed description may help. A photo-fit picture is the best example, coupled with the words, 'Have you seen this person?' The next step down is the description, 'white, 6 foot two, ginger hair, shandy-drinking chav'. Using a complete generalisation, however, does nothing to help. Hence why I believe that the article could have stopped at the generalisation, 'teenagers'.

another generation said:
Out of pure curiousity, I clicked on the link. Seemed like a normal news article about a fairly alarming incident, right until I read: 'the teenagers, who were all Asian'. Was it really deemed necessary to include these words? Talk about pouring petrol on to a fire. I've just sent an e-mail to the news editor, asking that the racial description be removed from the article. I won't be holding my breath.

Can't see the problem with that TBH. If they were all asian then they were all asian and thats a fact. Someone in the asian community might know or be aware of them and supply important information to the police to help arrest them. Not racial at all. Just soppy Lib Dem's like you who are far to touchy, feely and are actually a part of the problem and not the solution to the problem.

another generation said:
manchester blue said:
Why is it racial? It seems a normal way of identifying suspects to me to highlight their ethnicity.
If anyone has witnessed the event, they do not need to be informed by the Manchester Evening News as to what they have witnessed. As for the term, 'Asian,' what exactly does it describe? Did the teenagers produce passport evidence that they originate from one or another country within the Asian continent? Asia is a pretty big area, almost a third of the planet's land mass. So, which particular part of Asia does the journalist mean? Turkey? Burma? Bangladesh? China? The Maldives?

Nope, the description 'Asian' doesn't help me one bit.

Maybe not but the official Police terminology IC4 is Indian, Nepalese, Pakistani, Maldivian, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, or any other (South) Asian person.

As it would be difficult to narrow down from the CCTV and the witness account the term Asian will suffice for me. If they were described as white would you get upset that they were not narrowed down to English, Scottish, French etc when it is impossible to be certain?

Nothing wrong with describing the twats as of "Asian" appearance.

I understand the concern that there will no doubt be a small amount of people who use that to fuel whatever pre-existing prejudices they have but you can't legislate for that when describing a crime.

They are of Asian appearance and even though it is doubtful that that piece of information will suddenly lead to someone realising that they can help identify them it's a legitimate thing to report (as long as there's no other judgements accompanying it).

There's also a clip of the nobs running away which makes it pretty obvious that they are of Asian appearance.

TGR said:
If they were all asian then they were all asian and thats a fact. Someone in the asian community might know or be aware of them and supply important information to the police to help arrest them. Not racial at all. Just soppy Lib Dem's like you who are far to touchy, feely and are actually a part of the problem and not the solution to the problem.
Explain 'Asian' if you really need to. Which political party I did or did not vote for at the last election has no bearing on the matter. Call me soppy if you want, but I just believe that a human being is a human being, without the need to pigeon-hole them as to their religion, race, gender, sexuality, height, weight, etc. That is the real solution to the problem.

Got to scoot off to work, now. Wasn't my intention to post and disappear.

Pigeonho said:
stonie said:
[quotperhapsonho"]
Seems to me like 4 kids being twats against a cyclist. Who knows what the cyclist said to them?

It's 4 asian kids though so it just has to be linked to Wollwich/racism!

Yeah perhaps the cyclist was really nasty to them so guess he deserved a metal plate permanently inserted in his face, that will teach him ay..
That answers fuck all to do with what I asked. You are going down the racist attack route,
If it was 4 white kids would you have linked it to woolwich? My guess is no.[/quote]

Of course it was a racist attack and your a deluded fool if you think otherwise
If it was cyclist of Asian origin do you think they would of tried breaking his skull ?? My guess is no

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.