Teeth

Lancet Fluke said:
Chris in London said:
Do you have sugar in your brew?

I know aspartame is supposedly bad stuff but I have sweetener not sugar.

My dentist told me about sugar in your brew about 20 years ago.

Sugar forms a sort of coating on your teeth. It takes your natural saliva about an hour to rinse the sugar away once you are finished. But an hour later it's getting close to being time for your next brew. So if you get up and have a brew at 7, have breakfast at 8, a brew at 9, a biscuit at 10 and another brew at 11 and so on your teeth have had a constant coating of sugar on.

Dunno about some of the sweeteners but if you ditch sugar/sweeteners and stick at it you will get used to - and enjoy - a brew without sugar in about two weeks

Are you getting enough calcium?

Our diet gives us calcium. The foods highest in calcium include

Dairy products such as eggs, milk, butter and cheese - this is where most of our calcium comes from
Green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach and beans
Nuts
Wholegrain foods such as bread, rice and cereals
Calcium is a mineral that is stored in the bones. Nearly all the calcium in the body is stored in bone tissue. But a small amount (around 1%) circulates in the blood and other body fluids, or is inside our cells. This is needed for

Keeping bones and teeth healthy
Blood clotting
Normal functioning of the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system) and
Keeping our muscles working properly
If your blood calcium level gets too high or too low it can be dangerous. Having too much calcium in the blood is called hypercalcaemia (pronounced hyper-kal-seem-ia). Hypercalcaemia in cancer can be a serious problem for some people. Not having enough calcium is called hypocalcaemia (hypo-kal-seem-ia).

So the answer is get a blood test.:)

Starch from potatoes (Crisps,Chips) is actually worse for your teeth than sugar.

Chris in London said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Chris in London said:
Do you have sugar in your brew?

I know aspartame is supposedly bad stuff but I have sweetener not sugar.

My dentist told me about sugar in your brew about 20 years ago.

Sugar forms a sort of coating on your teeth. It takes your natural saliva about an hour to rinse the sugar away once you are finished. But an hour later it's getting close to being time for your next brew. So if you get up and have a brew at 7, have breakfast at 8, a brew at 9, a biscuit at 10 and another brew at 11 and so on your teeth have had a constant coating of sugar on.

Dunno about some of the sweeteners but if you ditch sugar/sweeteners and stick at it you will get used to - and enjoy - a brew without sugar in about two weeks

So unsweetend brews and no Cheesey Wotsits. This is bad news.

Lancet Fluke said:
Chris in London said:
Course, could be just bad cat aids...

Will I still be able to eat 4 packets of Wotsits a day if it is?

Once the doctor signs you off with bad cat aids you'll know it's not the sugar so then your brew can be a mug full of sugar with 3 spoons of tea

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.