Teeth

Check you don't have gum disease , gingivitis , or periodontis problems ..... are your gums receding , or bleeding ?

Any of those can cause bone damage in your gum area , and lead to loosening teeth ....

Your teeth shouldn't be falling out ... and it might be that the bone structure within your gums is weakening ...... that happened to my mate , who was left with about three teeth!

It is possible to 'over-brush' your teeth though , and wear away the enamel .... and possibly a fair bit of your gums too !

Fructose is bad too. When I was at uni, a friend of mine studying dentistry said the worst food for teeth was a toffee apple, followed by crisps.

You can only do so much to protect your teeth, bad teeth is genetic. All you can do is brush, floss, mouthwash as much as you can.

black mamba said:
Check you don't have gum disease , gingivitis , or periodontis problems ..... are your gums receding , or bleeding ?

Any of those can cause bone damage in your gum area , and lead to loosening teeth ....

Your teeth shouldn't be falling out ... and it might be that the bone structure within your gums is weakening ...... that happened to my mate , who was left with about three teeth!

It is possible to 'over-brush' your teeth though , and wear away the enamel .... and possibly a fair bit of your gums too !

My gums are fine. I go to the dentist regularly, usually to have another huge hole filled (stop it!) and he doesn't seem to think there is anything terribly wrong going on but then I don't know anyone else who it happens to. I do wonder about the over brushng thing too. I have been using toothpaste with baking soda in it for about 15-20 years, I wonder whether that fucks up the enamel. Or maybe it is just the Wotsits...

Manchestercitychorlton said:
Maybe your brushing them too hard, too soon after meals, too much etc.

I was just going to say the same thing, it's like the guy who washes his car every other day then can't understand why after 5-6 years it's a rust bucket, too much of a good thing is bad for you, in fact it can be worse than not enough.

This did happen to me. Once, about 5 years ago while eating French toast a third of a molar was suddenly sitting on my tongue. It was the tooth that sat right next to the only wisdom tooth that had come in which the dentist had to.d me was putting a lot of pressure on the molar. I always assumed the break was down to the wisdom tooth.

prairiemoon said:
This did happen to me. Once, about 5 years ago while eating French toast a third of a molar was suddenly sitting on my tongue. It was the tooth that sat right next to the only wisdom tooth that had come in which the dentist had to.d me was putting a lot of pressure on the molar. I always assumed the break was down to the wisdom tooth.

Or it could be Cat AIDS. The bad sort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.