Tell me something new

I'll tell you a couple of Urban Myths that are complete crap....

1. It's harder for the head to retain body-heat than any other part of the body.

2. The reason why we "clink" our glasses together and say "Cheers" is because, back in the day we used to be paranoid about our hosts poisoning us.

Some off the top of my head that I've picked up down the years. Can't entirely vouch for the veracity of number four as it's always seemed absurd to me:

Margaret Thatcher was one of the scientists who developed Mr Whippy style ice-cream.

Salman Rushdie came up with the "Naughty but Nice" advertising slogan.

The three colours on the Irish flag represent Catholics and Protestants living in peace.

At the height of the Japanese boom in the eighties the Emperors Royal Grounds in Tokyo were worth more on paper than California.

In York you can legally shoot a Scot with a bow and arrow except on Sunday

rickmcfc said:
whothefisAlice said:
rickmcfc said:
Vigo, in Northern Spain is the worlds largest harbour. It's that big, every boat in the world can fit in it, with plenty of room to spare.

The circumference of the cabin on a 737 plane, is the same size as the engine on a Boeing 777.

The second most mountainous country in Europe is Spain, and Madrid is the highest capital city in elevation

There are no longer 9 planets in our solar system. Pluto has been reclassified.

The best snow in this country falls as between +1c and +3c

St Lucia in the Caribbean boasts the world only "drive through" volcano. The road through it is a main road and you actually drive through the crater.

The concrete in the middle of Hoover dam still hasn't set, despite being built over half a century ago.

Every boat in the world are you fucking sure mate?

Madrid highest capital elevation wise...uh Quito??????

yes, its the largest harbour on the world, i took us over an hour to sail out of it, its huge!!

Madrid is the highest capital city in Europe.

I've already called bullshit on this one. It is not the largest harbour in the world.

Behram, an Indian thug, holds the record for most murders by a single individual. He strangled 931 people between 1790-1840 with a piece of yellow and white cloth, called a ruhmal. The most murders by a woman are 612, by Countess Erzsebet Bathory of Hungary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.