Tell Moyes & Everton......

ToffeeBlue said:
Whether you like it or not lads, Sparky has inflated the market with his over market price purchases
What are the over the market price purchases?

Barry is a top quality player - possibly the best passer of the ball in the Premiership. Adebayor is one of the best strikers in the Premiership - if not the best now that Ronaldo has left. Tevez is an Argentinian international who Utd were going to buy for the same fee. Toure is a top quality defender who has been integral to Arsenal's success over the years. Santa Cruz is maybe a little inflated, but only because he is injured.

You'd have an argument if you were discussing wages. Remember what you paid for players like Andy Johnson and Fellaini?

In regards to inflating the market I think that happened many years ago when Abramovic came to town.....I do think that city are following in their footsteps.....but rightly so...you have the money so spend it!

In regards to your signings I do think that you have paid about the right price for the players you have signed.But the diffrence between Lescott and the rest is that he is actually wanted by his club.....santa cruz,adebayor,toure and barry where all surplus to requirements....Tevez never had a club......Lescott is an integral part to our team and progress, so you can't expect to sign him for his true worth...its got to be something that benefits everton.....We could not replace Lescott with 15m thats just a fact....

In regards to Jo, we may actually be doing you a favour because if he has a good season with us....its puts him back in the shop window.....

Maybe a few years back a bid of 18m would have been accepted but everton have moved on from then and have a concrete footing in place with a couple of additions our current squad is good enough to compete at the very top of the league....

I have no problem with any city fans and I've watched your progress over the summer with a close eye and I wish you well for the new season....you may get a troiphy this year or a final...so its looking good for you.

KingMoyes said:
In regards to inflating the market I think that happened many years ago when Abramovic came to town.....I do think that city are following in their footsteps.....but rightly so...you have the money so spend it!

In regards to your signings I do think that you have paid about the right price for the players you have signed.But the diffrence between Lescott and the rest is that he is actually wanted by his club.....santa cruz,adebayor,toure and barry where all surplus to requirements....Tevez never had a club......Lescott is an integral part to our team and progress, so you can't expect to sign him for his true worth...its got to be something that benefits everton.....We could not replace Lescott with 15m thats just a fact....

In regards to Jo, we may actually be doing you a favour because if he has a good season with us....its puts him back in the shop window.....

Maybe a few years back a bid of 18m would have been accepted but everton have moved on from then and have a concrete footing in place with a couple of additions our current squad is good enough to compete at the very top of the league....

I have no problem with any city fans and I've watched your progress over the summer with a close eye and I wish you well for the new season....you may get a troiphy this year or a final...so its looking good for you.

Okay, an honest question. You have no money to spend. Well, very very little, maybe 5 million at a push. As an Everton fan, surely you'd rather take twenty odd million from City and pump it back into your squad to improve it, than keep one player. I mean, Lescott is a very very good young player, but surely it would make more sense to strengthen significantly to try and keep up with the likes of Spurs, Villa, and us, than, for the sake of principle keep hold of one player...

KingMoyes said:

I agree you have every right to hold on to Lescott, and you look like you have been succesful in doing so. I wish we'd have been able to fight off SWP when Chelsea came, but we really needed the money at that point and were struggling.

Barry, Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Toure were unsettled at their clubs. Surplus to requirements isn't really how I'd describe these players.

BillyShears said:
KingMoyes said:

Okay, an honest question. You have no money to spend. Well, very very little, maybe 5 million at a push. As an Everton fan, surely you'd rather take twenty odd million from City and pump it back into your squad to improve it, than keep one player. I mean, Lescott is a very very good young player, but surely it would make more sense to strengthen significantly to try and keep up with the likes of Spurs, Villa, and us, than, for the sake of principle keep hold of one player...

I dont think people relise how important Lescott is to us, not just on the pitch but off it....To sell Lescott would be like saying to the rest of the squad..."o.k lads we've come this far we have been punching over our weight and we must sell one of our biggest assets to move forward"....which to me is not the way to go....we have great foundations and a tight nit group and with arteta and Yakubu coming back this season we have got a fantastic chance to move forward again.....He has a great relationship with players like Baines and Pienaar and infact I think they look up to him, so it would really upset the squad....Also selling him to you would be surrendering our 5th position from the start...we need our full squad to be competing with you villa and spurs as it is....I also don't think in the current market we could find the quality needed to replace him with that type of money...Lescott has alot more to give, he hasnt reached his full potential yet and moyes knows he is one of the hottest properties in europe!

The sad thing is alot of evertonians disagree...they seem to be under the illusion that Phil Jagielka is more important....and to me that is just unbelievable....Lescott for me is our main defender and whether Jagielka was injured or not MH would still be chasing Lescott.

To be honest with you Lescott is one of Moyseys blue eyed boys...First on the sheet etc.....We just cant afford to let him go and I know how frustrating it must be with all the saga over the summer.....I can't see a better defender than Lewscott being available for under 25m though...thats just how I see it!

Marvin said:
ToffeeBlue said:
Whether you like it or not lads, Sparky has inflated the market with his over market price purchases

Barry is a top quality player - possibly the best passer of the ball in the Premiership. Adebayor is one of the best strikers in the Premiership - if not the best now that Ronaldo has left. Tevez is an Argentinian international who Utd were going to buy for the same fee. Toure is a top quality defender who has been integral to Arsenal's success over the years. Santa Cruz is maybe a little inflated, but only because he is injured.

You'd have an argument if you were discussing wages. Remember what you paid for players like Andy Johnson and Fellaini?

So your saying Adebayor is better than Torres. FPMSL

fanny hugger said:
Marvin said:

well, for one thing, at today's exchange rate, accounting for inflation, the torres deal would have come to more than £32m. for another, it was three years ago, and he was regarded as something of a gamble at the time, as he'd had a couple of very average seasons on the trot.

bizzbo said:
fanny hugger said:

well, for one thing, at today's exchange rate, accounting for inflation, the torres deal would have come to more than £32m. for another, it was three years ago, and he was regarded as something of a gamble at the time, as he'd had a couple of very average seasons on the trot.

So is he better or not

bizzbo said:
fanny hugger said:

Torres,Drogba,Anelka and Rooney are all better strikers than Adebayor...... From a neutral point of view....I also think Lampard and Fabregas are better passes than barry...only a neutral opinion

I think if everton sign senderos lescott will move to us! Everton will have yobo jagielka senderos and lescott all fight for 2 centre back spots! If senderos moves to everton it will be for first team footie imo!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.