Tell Moyes & Everton......

KingMoyes said:
bizzbo said:
well, for one thing, at today's exchange rate, accounting for inflation, the torres deal would have come to more than £32m. for another, it was three years ago, and he was regarded as something of a gamble at the time, as he'd had a couple of very average seasons on the trot.

Torres,Drogba,Anelka and Rooney are all better strikers than Adebayor...... From a neutral point of view....I also think Lampard and Fabregas are better passes than barry...only a neutral opinion

Torres and Drogba yes. Rooney and Anelka. You're having a laugh aren't you? Rooney isn't an out and out striker, and Anelka although clinical in front of goal, has lost a yard of pace and struggles to create chances for himself these days...

Did you watch the charity shield? I thought Drogba was the only forward player on the park who would get into the City side.

BillyShears said:
KingMoyes said:
Torres,Drogba,Anelka and Rooney are all better strikers than Adebayor...... From a neutral point of view....I also think Lampard and Fabregas are better passes than barry...only a neutral opinion

Torres and Drogba yes. Rooney and Anelka. You're having a laugh aren't you? Rooney isn't an out and out striker, and Anelka although clinical in front of goal, has lost a yard of pace and struggles to create chances for himself these days...

Did you watch the charity shield? I thought Drogba was the only forward player on the park who would get into the City side.

No seriously I think they are better than Adebayor he had a great season a year or two ago but was injured for the majority of last, so I'm still unsure if it was just a one of....same with Santa Cruz.....I regard Anelka as second to Torres only....I think he needs an arm round his shoulder, at Chelsea he got played out of position and still managed to be top scorer in the premiership last season.....Clinical striker infront of goal as you have pointed out....Lets put it in this case scenario....If it was Torres Rooney and Adebayor in one team who would get the nod! I think Rooney would get in most teams before Adebayor. Great striker don't get me wrong but not top 2 in the premiership. If he was he wouldnt have left for 25m more like 40-50m

Moyes is only doing this as he wants to show the Rag board he has the balls to stand up to city so they will offer him Baconfaces job when he goes.

As soon as he gets that offer he will be of like a shot. He knows he can go nowhere with Everton as you have no money. Unless you are lucky enough to get investors like ourselves or showbiz Bill has a major sucess on broadway, in a couple of years your messiah will have done one and you will only be able to afford mediocre players and will probably be fighting off relegation on a yearly basis

BillyShears said:
KingMoyes said:

sorry billy i hate to say it rooney is a class act and would walk into our side. drogba wasvall huff and puff today but is class on his day . anelka well not in the top 10 strikers imo

KingMoyes said:
No seriously I think they are better than Adebayor he had a great season a year or two ago but was injured for the majority of last, so I'm still unsure if it was just a one of....same with Santa Cruz.....I regard Anelka as second to Torres only....I think he needs an arm round his shoulder, at Chelsea he got played out of position and still managed to be top scorer in the premiership last season.....Clinical striker infront of goal as you have pointed out....Lets put it in this case scenario....If it was Torres Rooney and Adebayor in one team who would get the nod! I think Rooney would get in most teams before Adebayor. Great striker don't get me wrong but not top 2 in the premiership. If he was he wouldnt have left for 25m more like 40-50m

I hear what you're saying regarding Anelka. I do rate him very highly, however he isn't an out and out target man, and neither is Rooney. In terms of goalscoring...well Rooney's record for United is 65 goals in 157 appearances. Adebayor's Arsenal record is 46 goals in 104 appearances. Anelka's record across all his English clubs is 103 goals in 242 appearances.

I think both Adebayor and Tevez will show this season that they are as good as anyone in the premiership in their particular positions.

Can I just say that you're a credit to Everton fans. Far too many have come on here with a chip on their shoulder and have taken any and every opportunity to have a pop at City, our supporters, our management, and anything else they can...

nwanda said:
Moyes is only doing this as he wants to show the Rag board he has the balls to stand up to city so they will offer him Baconfaces job when he goes.

As soon as he gets that offer he will be of like a shot. He knows he can go nowhere with Everton as you have no money. Unless you are lucky enough to get investors like ourselves or showbiz Bill has a major sucess on broadway, in a couple of years your messiah will have done one and you will only be able to afford mediocre players and will probably be fighting off relegation on a yearly basis

Totally agree with that!!...I'm sure our new stadium will be built by then and attract a big investor though....Theres also the small matter of the Rooney vs Moyes saga they publicly don't like eachother and Rooney wrote in his first book thats the reason he left Everton! The club he once adored as a boy. Once ablue always a blue....yeh right!

modgeblue said:
BillyShears said:

sorry billy i hate to say it rooney is a class act and would walk into our side. drogba wasvall huff and puff today but is class on his day . anelka well not in the top 10 strikers imo

IMO Tevez and Rooney are almost identical players. I wouldn't like to say one is better than the other because they have both shown that they are class. However, they're not really suited to play in the same team. Based on that, I would suggest that Rooney would not get in our side as Tevez is already here. Certainly to say he would walk into our side, with the options we have up front is IMO an exaggeration...

BillyShears said:
KingMoyes said:

I hear what you're saying regarding Anelka. I do rate him very highly, however he isn't an out and out target man, and neither is Rooney. In terms of goalscoring...well Rooney's record for United is 65 goals in 157 appearances. Adebayor's Arsenal record is 46 goals in 104 appearances. Anelka's record across all his English clubs is 103 goals in 242 appearances.

Thanks no point in bad feelings....I regard city very highly, we have both been living in the shadows of the other clubs in our citys and I'm glad you seem to have been given the chance to get out of it....I'm still hoping for the double over you next season!

I think both Adebayor and Tevez will show this season that they are as good as anyone in the premiership in their particular positions.

Can I just say that you're a credit to Everton fans. Far too many have come on here with a chip on their shoulder and have taken any and every opportunity to have a pop at City, our supporters, our management, and anything else they can...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.