Tennis fans..

Maineman55 said:
Sport doesn't get much better than that.
There's something about the head to head nature of tennis, you just don't get with team sports.
It's just you against the other guy, and you're on your own !
Wimbledon is unique in many ways.
But it's not all toffs and tossers.
I've been on a couple of occasions, and it's well worth a visit.

As for Murray, he's a genuine contender.
And if other British sportsmen displayed the same committment he does, then perhaps we'd shake off our reputation for being a nation of good losers.

Totally agree mate, hope he doe's it. If not, it won't be long before he doe's

Awesome spectacle tonight as well.

PoolHustler said:
Maineman55 said:
Sport doesn't get much better than that.
There's something about the head to head nature of tennis, you just don't get with team sports.
It's just you against the other guy, and you're on your own !
Wimbledon is unique in many ways.
But it's not all toffs and tossers.
I've been on a couple of occasions, and it's well worth a visit.

As for Murray, he's a genuine contender.
And if other British sportsmen displayed the same committment he does, then perhaps we'd shake off our reputation for being a nation of good losers.

Totally agree mate, hope he doe's it. If not, it won't be long before he doe's

Awesome spectacle tonight as well.

Did the scot win?

Wheelsy said:
Fucking how good was Hewitt... never says die that bloke.

He has about as much relevance to the English as Murray yet for some reason the nation isnt all over him. I actually want Hewitt to win.

My dad was watching the Murray game earlier, it was a bit like watching paint dry but not as exciting and at least when watching paint dry I'm not forced to watch an audience of cretins in slow motion wanking over 'British' Scottish Andy Murray. I'd love it if he said he played for Scotland and fuck the rest, but he won't.

TheMightyQuinn said:
My dad was watching the Murray game earlier, it was a bit like watching paint dry but not as exciting and at least when watching paint dry I'm not forced to watch an audience of cretins in slow motion wanking over 'British' Scottish Andy Murray. I'd love it if he said he played for Scotland and fuck the rest, but he won't.

If you played tennis would you refer to yourself as British (as everyone before you has done) or English?

dannybcity said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

If you played tennis would you refer to yourself as British (as everyone before you has done) or English?

English people who call themselves English are usually being pedants though whilst with the Scottish, Welsh and Irish it's more of a pride thing and a dislike for the English. In my experience anyway. Besides, I'm a contrary twat, I'd be representing Manchester not Britain or England and it'd only be a matter of time before the coke and groupies got to me and I denounced all nations and claimed I was representing myself or maybe some odd religion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.