Tennis Thread

Not a great tennis fan, more fair weather really, but what an achievement so far, has got me tuning in.

Really likeable girl too.

Provisional world ranking 51, makes her British no. 1.
Wow
Not difficut to be British No 1, I think my Mrs could be British No 2 and she’s never played.
Edit… that’s not a criticism of Raducanu she’s clearly set for big things and good luck to her.. just British women’s tennis in general is crap

Not difficut to be British No 1, I think my Mrs could be British No 2 and she’s never played.
Edit… that’s not a criticism of Raducanu she’s clearly set for big things and good luck to her.. just British women’s tennis in general is crap
The men’s isn’t that hot either.

Unbelievable what she has done so far especially not dropping a set on this run from the us open qualifiers,my only surprise is has the media not shoehorned in the rags yet to this young girls achievements..

Sakkari (17th seed) knocked out Pliskova (4th seed).

Raducanu v Sakkari is down as being due to be played 'tonight', 1.15am (BST).

The real deal.

Think she now holds the record with McEnroe for most matches won at a 1 grand slam (8). She's the first qualifier to make the semi final at the US Open.

No qualifier has ever made the final, in any grand slam...time to make history Emma.

Pliskova (seeded 4) or Sakkari (seeded 17) up next.

Was goran ivanisecic not a qualifier when he won't Wimbledon about 20 years ago? Or maybe he was a wildcard

its very difficult to be britains no1 when you are born in canada to chinese and rumanian parents :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.