Tennis Thread

Congrats to Djokovic today. Just had a better game and conditioning today.

I'd still bet the field, but he looked good today in his quest to improve upon his 2008 Bronze.

Recall Federer never won Gold either, as Andy Murray saw to that in 2012. Of the "Big Four" only Andy (2) and Rafael (1) have won the Gold Medal.
I take it you're just referring to singles, as Federer won a Gold medal in 2008?

Thanks for the great memories in tennis, Andy Murray!

What a great career and so enjoyable to watch as a player all these years. From all the Wimbledon heartbreaks prior, to his first major Slam at the US Open, to the Wimbledon breakthrough in 2013, always a fan. Back to back two Gold medals in 2012 and 2016, and a Silver in doubles in 2012, just an amazing Slams and Olympic career in tennis.

It was very nice to see Tommy Paul's and Taylor Fritz's post-match compliments of team GBR and Andy, with Taylor looking up to him as a kid playing the game - echoed how torn many US fans of Andy's were today.

I'm posting here because I'm way behind in my Olympic coverage and will catch up on other sports later that I won't be reading about over there.

As usual, it's been a full day of tennis here. Finally got the chance to watch the US Krajicek/Ram doubles win over Alcaraz/Nadal. It's going to tough for that experienced doubles team to lose, already advancing to the Gold Medal match.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great memories in tennis, Andy Murray!

What a great career and so enjoyable to watch as a player all these years. From all the Wimbledon heartbreaks prior, to his first major Slam at the US Open, to the Wimbledon breakthrough in 2013, always a fan. Back to back two Gold medals in 2012 and 2016, and a Silver in doubles in 2012, just an amazing Slams and Olympic career in tennis.

It was very nice to see Tommy Paul and Taylor Fritz's post-match compliments of team GBR and Andy, with Taylor looking up to him as a kid playing the game - echoed how torn many US fans of Andy's were today.

I'm posting here because I'm way behind in my Olympic coverage and will catch up on other sports later that I won't be reading about over there.

As usual, it's been a full day of tennis here. Finally got the chance to watch the US Krajicek/Ram doubles win over Alcaraz/Nadal. It's going to tough for that experienced doubles team to lose, already advancing to the Gold Medal match.

"If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Let them say I lived in the time of Rafa, tamer of clay, let them say I lived in the time of Novak, returner of lost causes, let them say I lived in the time of Roger and his gold trimmed tracksuit."

As Odysseus, sorry Sean Bean, didn't at any point whatsoever say, but Andy might.

A fantastic career in the most competitive era of tennis ever.

Just came on to post that, funny from a bloke who seems oddly dismissed in terms of a British sportsperson
Never really understood some of the dislike for him. Seems like a decent guy, and his career achievements are pretty impressive given a) the era he was playing in (Federer, Nadal, Djokovic etc) and b) the absolute paucity of success from British tennis players in recent times. He should be remembered as one of the greatest British sportsmen of the modern era.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.