Tennis Thread

So you are saying Jack Draper has a chance?

Wow on the match that just completed. Don't look now, but Evans also still has his legs too with both players winning 2 and into the 3rd round.

The US Open could be wide Open. Most of the US favourites still have a shot too. Would be nice to see a first-time winner this year.
This is aging well... fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Sinner-Med is surely the favourite in the quarters, but from what I'm seeing, no one either side of them is playing better tennis right now than Jack Draper.

You all in the UK are watching, right? ;-) He's playing during the daytime over here, so that has been friendly TV viewing I would think. He'll probably get the early match tomorrow too with Sinner-Med surely slated for the final night session.

Fritz and Tiafoe are also underdogs in the quarters playing today, but sometimes crazy things happen in NY. One can hope.

Brilliant again from Jack Draper. This lad looks the real deal. Not dropped a set and through to the semi finals! Even if he doesn't make it all the way, he's had an amazing tournament
Absolutely always been very talented just unfortunately very injury prone
But he’s in with a chance
Sinner or Medvedev will be tough though they are another level

Draper has destroyed De Minaur there.
Glad to see I'm not alone in watching this incredible march to the semis, for both of our countries! ;-)

2 USA, 1 GBR (who hasn't dropped a set as I noted), and of course, 1 heavy favorite no matter who wins the last match later tonight.

Great things are still possible, but I'll be heavily cheering for Jack to get some recovery for his next match. He sure did well in his first time playing in Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Last edited:
Glad to see I'm not alone in watching this incredible march to the semis, for both of our countries! ;-)

2 USA, 1 GBR (who hasn't dropped a set as I noted), and of course, 1 heavy favorite no matter who wins the last match later tonight.

Great things are still possible, but I'll be heavily cheering for Jack to get some recovery for his next match. He sure did well in his first time on Arthur Ashe Stadium.
He’s the best option for the US players to face in the final too!

He’ll have his work cut out against Sinner or Medvedev though.

He, along with the two Americans are certainly the story of the tournament this year.

He’s the best option for the US players to face in the final too!
We can selfishly cheer for our countrymen to make the finals.

My heart says Tiafoe, but my head says Fritz. It will be an amazing match Friday night.

He’ll have his work cut out against Sinner or Medvedev though.
Yes, and either of those two winning tonight would not surprise me. Two Slam winners vs. our 3, we get it! ;-)
He, along with the two Americans are certainly the story of the tournament this year.
Tiafoe beat Nadal 2 years back to get to the semis prior, so he's been here before. His new coach has helped him mentally over the summer on the hardcourts, so fingers crossed for him. This is Fritz's first semi, and if he serves and his backhand is as dominant as it was last night vs. Zverev, I'd favor him over most anyone this side of Sinner/Med. But no one should underestimate Draper - his game has been legit as I pointed out after Alcaraz went out and he was dominating his opponents, just like he did today. That final game was a masterclass of shots.

We're hungry for the first US men's major win since 2003, and yes, I'm still salty about 2009 Wimbledon.

We can selfishly cheer for our countrymen to make the finals.

My heart says Tiafoe, but my head says Fritz. It will be an amazing match Friday night.

Yes, and either of those two winning tonight would not surprise me. Two slam winners vs. our 3, we get it! ;-)

Tiafoe beat Nadal 2 years back to get to the semis prior, so he's been here before. His new coach has helped him mentally over the summer on the hardcourts, so fingers crossed for him. This is Fritz's first semi, and if he servers and his backhand is as dominant as it was last night vs. Zverev, I'd favor him over most anyone this side of Sinner/Med.

We're hungry for the first US men's major win since 2003, and yes, I'm still salty about 2009 Wimbledon.
What’s the story behind the lack of a US champion since Roddick? It’s a crazy stat to me.

I have to confess that I love great tennis matches, but am a fair weather fan that doesn’t do the hard yards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.