Tennis Thread

Just realised this was one of the big sporting events that the UK hadn't won.

I thought the ODI Cricket World Cup was one of the last ones to tick off but forgot about women's tennis.

The Euro's is one but struggling to think of many more that we actively take part in on a serious basis.

Might be a short lived thread but Raducanu's about to start her 4th round match v Shelby Rogers on Amazon Prime.

Raducanu hasn't dropped a set yet, she's had to play 3 qualifying rounds as well, so she's won 6 matches 2-0. She's up against an American in New York, who's just knocked out the No1 seed, so it'll be tough.

Big opportunity for Raducanu though.
Might be lol

I thought the ODI Cricket World Cup was one of the last ones to tick off but forgot about women's tennis.

The Euro's is one but struggling to think of many more that we actively take part in on a serious basis.
Cricket......???

Virginia Wade won it in ‘68

From today's Times...

"The influences on Leylah Fernandez’s tennis game are nothing if not eclectic. Her father, Jorge, remains her primary coach, despite his sporting background coming in football rather than tennis. A former professional player at a string of clubs across South America, he is a huge admirer of Pep Guardiola, watching the documentary All or Nothing: Manchester City with his daughter. He encouraged her to take aspects of Guardiola’s approach into her game, emphasising the values of patience and varying angles of attack.

“I like Pep Guardiola, his style is kind of like my tennis game so I’m learning from him,” she said this year. “I love Real Madrid, but right now we’re kind of taking a break from them and supporting Manchester City.”"

You'll either never hear of her again, save for a good but losing run in the odd tournament or she'll be the the uber dominator of women's tennis for the next 10 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.