Tennis

I doubt you would have backed her to win a single major.

Not at all, She was a breath of fresh air when she burst onto the scene, I watched all of her games in the US Open she won, We all wanted her to be this next big thing in UK Tennis, But it went downhill just as fast and coach after coach could not get a tune out of her, Then lots of things started to happen from blisters to illness then wrist surgery more coaches more blisters and illness the list goes on and on.

As I said let's wait and see when Wimbledon starts and the big-time major players who are hungry and want to win at all costs and will play through the pain and blisters

Until she wins another major then all the coaches she has gone through are spot-on, When the going gets tough she will pull up, Many of the top tennis players play with pain and have operations for all sorts of things, I think it's a mental block with her after winning the US Open at that early stage of her career, She went downhill fast and troubles with many coaches says something was not right.

Once you win a major the hardest part is to repeat it, Doing the long yards fitness-wise and putting in the training and the hours and hours of hitting needs 100% dedication away from the lifestyle

Warm-up tournaments mean nothing really, all they are used for is playing time on grass for timing, Last week's loss in the final at Nottingham was down to a slip ?? 1 set up then play suspended and the next day taped up knee lost 2 sets and the final,

She needs to either want it and put in the hard yards or leave tennis for a lifestyle and live on winning the US Open, My bet is the 2nd option
Nope!
Coach problems (caused by her immaturity) are quite separate from mental strength to overcome injury.
There is absolutely no evidence of the latter, other than your imagination!
At Nottingham she actually said she felt good but ran out of steam. No mention of any injury.
On fitness she has put in a prodigious amount of work based on Andy Murray’s program. The BOA agreed with her that the olympics was not a good idea and that further fitness work was better. After missing over a season, coming back is a big deal, just ask KDB.

Last edited:
Really enjoy the game, they are amazing athletes, bucket list for me is watching a game on centre court at Wimbledon.
My lad was in the ballot for Centre Court and was unsuccessful. They have a resale window and he attacked it vigourously for over a week.

Then out of the blue up popped a ticket for the ladies final which he managed to get, a front row seat in the corner diagonally opposite where the players enter the court.

To say he is buzzing would be an understatement.

I’ve not managed centre court but when I lived 5 mins walk from the courts, you could get in to the other courts for a fiver during the first week, about 4pm. Being poor at the time, it was great, especially on sunny evenings.

Nope!
Coach problems (caused by her immaturity) are quite separate from mental strength to overcome injury.
There is absolutely no evidence of the latter, other than your imagination!
At Nottingham she actually said she felt good but ran out of steam. No mention of any injury.
On fitness she has put in a prodigious amount of work based on Andy Murray’s program. The BOA agreed with her that the olympics was not a good idea and that further fitness work was better. After missing over a season, coming back is a big deal, just ask KDB.

In the final in Nottingham, she calls for a medical time-out after slipping but plays on when knowing the game is going to end because of the light, Next she wins the tiebreaker game over, Only to come back again in the morning with strapping on the knee and loses 2 sets and the final, I am not buying that she just coming back from a year out and ran out of steam ? she had a good night's rest

Look until she wins another major then all the doubters will be saying the same things, She is not up for a fight and is a jelly-belly that pulls out because of blisters

In the final in Nottingham, she calls for a medical time-out after slipping but plays on when knowing the game is going to end because of the light, Next she wins the tiebreaker game over, Only to come back again in the morning with strapping on the knee and loses 2 sets and the final, I am not buying that she just coming back from a year out and ran out of steam ? she had a good night's rest

Look until she wins another major then all the doubters will be saying the same things, She is not up for a fight and is a jelly-belly that pulls out because of blisters
Sorry you can’t even get your basic facts right.
1. She didn’t make the final in Nottm.
2. She played in the semi WITH minimal STRAPPING ON HER KNEE. One strand of muscle tape!
If you look up the Nottm open you can see the highlights of her semi which see lost in 3 sets, including a 30 point tie break. You try.

Last edited:
Sorry you can’t even get your basic facts right.
1. She didn’t make the final in Nottm.
2. She played in the semi WITH minimal STRAPPING ON HER KNEE. One strand of muscle tape!
If you look up the Nottm open you can see the highlights of her semi which see lost in 3 sets, including a 30 point tie break. You try.

My bad and you're right, because it was on the same day I got mixed up,
Katie Boulter played 2 games and won but again she's not the so-called superstar Emma Raducanu is ??

Like I keep saying, forget the time out that's why they play 3 or 4 of these warm-up tournaments so they are used to the grass, Major tournaments are so different and the seedings of the top players means she may well end up playing the top 10 players in the first week,

Emma Raducanu chances, !00% I don't see her getting through the first week

My bad and you're right, because it was on the same day I got mixed up,
Katie Boulter played 2 games and won but again she's not the so-called superstar Emma Raducanu is ??

Like I keep saying, forget the time out that's why they play 3 or 4 of these warm-up tournaments so they are used to the grass, Major tournaments are so different and the seedings of the top players means she may well end up playing the top 10 players in the first week,

Emma Raducanu chances, !00% I don't see her getting through the first week

Bournemouth won’t thank you for calling it a warm up. It is highly ranked as a WTF tournament!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.