Terrace / Fashion wear

What happened at City?

When I was much younger I'd check out the clothes at Maine Road - there used to be a large proportion of people who cared about what they wore.

Nowadsays it's generally 'chavvy' kids with their trackies tucked in socks or the older men who obviously had their jeans bought by their wife when they weren't there.

I kow it shouldn't bother me but it does make me feel sad.

Ed68 said:
What happened at City?

When I was much younger I'd check out the clothes at Maine Road - there used to be a large proportion of people who cared about what they wore.

Nowadsays it's generally 'chavvy' kids with their trackies tucked in socks or the older men who obviously had their jeans bought by their wife when they weren't there.

I kow it shouldn't bother me but it does make me feel sad.

You just havent seen me at a game yet, from head to toe I look cool as fuck.

10 years ago i wore Ralph Lauren, firetrap, sonnetti, gabichi etc etc, now i pay a mortgage, try and heat the house and put food on the table and buy clothes from tesco, asda, primark or wherever else i can afford.
I still have a few top quality threads for a decent night out and a very god quality suit for more fromal occassions and working in court (about once or twice a month), but the choice of spending a fortnights beer and food money on a shirt and eating beans on toast or wearing cheap clothes and enjoying a few beers and a steak on a saturday night, some might say i am sad, but a 12oz sirloin and a dozen tennants or Magners wins every time.

10 years ago i wore Ralph Lauren, firetrap, sonnetti, gabichi etc etc, now i pay a mortgage, try and heat the house and put food on the table and buy clothes from tesco, asda, primark or wherever else i can afford.
I still have a few top quality threads for a decent night out and a very god quality suit for more fromal occassions and working in court (about once or twice a month), but the choice of spending a fortnights beer and food money on a shirt and eating beans on toast or wearing cheap clothes and enjoying a few beers and a steak on a saturday night, some might say i am sad, but a 12oz sirloin and a dozen tennants or Magners wins every time.

Transition of boy to man pretty much summed up there. Clothes are immaterial at the end of the day, but looking smart shows a sense of pride and dignity. Clothes don't necessarily have to cost an arm and a leg to look the business. I look dapper most of the time, but there's no way I'd prioritise threads over food, rent, etc. Thats what women do!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.