Terry Christian

TC: "Hey, PM, you're friends with a nonce!"
PM: "You're friends with a nonce!"
TC: "NONCE!"
PM: "BIGGER NONCE!"

British public-

200w.gif

I’ve never understood these extreme Manc accents.

Liam Gallagher is the same. The guy grew up in Burnage ffs, which isn’t even really rough, and has spent his entire adult life living in posh London suburbs.

Nobody from Manchester sounds like that.

There’s a Manchester poet called Mike Garry who - while his poetry really is wonderful - puts on the same swaggery Manc comedy voice when he performs.

Soccer AM were bang on with the ‘Stereotypical Manc’ sketch!
I take it you weren't brought up in Burnage. It was a sprawling council estate and there were plenty of real hard cases around - and loads of blues.

I take it you weren't brought up in Burnage. It was a sprawling council estate and there were plenty of real hard cases around - and loads of blues.
When I went to Burnage Grammar in the 60s it was a very desirable middle class suburb.
Now of course it is an utter shithole that you drive through with car doors locked.

I’ve never understood these extreme Manc accents.

Liam Gallagher is the same. The guy grew up in Burnage ffs, which isn’t even really rough, and has spent his entire adult life living in posh London suburbs.

Nobody from Manchester sounds like that.

There’s a Manchester poet called Mike Garry who - while his poetry really is wonderful - puts on the same swaggery Manc comedy voice when he performs.

Soccer AM were bang on with the ‘Stereotypical Manc’ sketch!
I don't think Liam's accent is anywhere near as extreme as that wanker Terry Christian's. That's as put on an accent as you're ever going to get IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.