Terry Phelan's wondergoal v Spurs 1993

The only game we ever left early.

Missed the goal and the aggro.

Lesson learned was no matter how shit City were on any given day, we would stay till the end.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Quite amazaed to hear Alan Hansen talking positive about us! Least we got our revenge on Spurs in 2004. Would love to beat them in the final though, with a wonder goal from Aguero or Tevez, to finally shut them up about Villa in 81.

F**king hate Tottenham.

I remember Hansen used to back us pretty much every year, that's why he's turned !!

I have this vague memory of it being the first match of my new season ticket. I think the offer was based around part of a season in the platt lane then a season in the south stand before returning to the new Kippax. Went to the match full of hope and left depressed. Thats why days like Gillingham and QPR are so special. You know City can make a mess of anything but you live in eternal hope.

sure some dodgy stuff to do with swales making Barmby play for under 21s and miss game anyone else remember something like this ?

Ive still got all the newspaper cuttings from the next days papers.
We were in the new Umbro stand that day,
As were some spurs fans in one of the boxes.
I remember clearly that one got a direct hit from a meat pie.
Just one of the many downs that defined being a city fan through the 80s and 90s - it was par for the course

Venables was sat in the stand until we went 1/ nil up, he walked down to pitch side changed their system around and Reid and Ellis didn't have a clue on how to combat it, we were a mid table side with a with a workman like management, with a boardroom with the mentality of comet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.