Terry retires from international football {merged}

Re: BNP comes out in support of England's Brave John Terry

1_barry_conlon said:
No6 said:
BNP comes out in support of England's Brave John Terry:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/national/john-terry-its-all-about-class-not-race-or-anti-racism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/national/joh ... nti-racism</a>

Thoughts people?

And you want us all to click onto a bnp link do you?

Wise up.

Fair point. Since I've already sullied myself, I'll copy and paste:

Whites are now under-represented as players in professional football and now they are even talking about replicating that "success" in the management of the game.
In football management, if you look at the demographics of the managers, they are mainly from white British *working class*backgrounds.

The reason for another round of "anti-racist" witch-hunting, targeted at the football management tier of football, is because the target demographic is white British AND working class, not just because they are white British and thus "over represented".

The anti-white British part is just part of the weapon used against them and it makes for a very "nice" diversion in which too many people fall for.
If the people who ran this country were so concerned about "anti-racism" and actually believed the so called "ideology" that they appear to "subscribe" to, then how can they explain to recent photos of both Oxford and Cambridge university rowing clubs?

There doesn't appear to be ethnic minorities in such sports.
We could get into all sorts of talk about how they aren't physically suited to it.

Whether they are or not is irrelevant.

The fact is you don't see or hear about campaign groups, politicians or the media complaining about such under representation of ethnic minorities in those kind of sports.

You see the real reason why we have all of this "anti-racist" bull crap in football, is that in this day and age, it's "outrageous" that working class white lads can make it into the big time.

They've been cleared out of Information Technology.

The cockney East End barrow boys have been cleared out of the lucrative stock trading floors in the city. Cabbies can make a nice living, which is why they are being cleared out and replaced by ethnic minorities in just about every town in the country.

There is an underbelly of hatred, but it isn't prevalent in the working class white masses.

We shouldn't try to speculate on how prevalent hatred of normal white working class is amongst the elite in Cambridge & Oxford, we should stay out of the prejudgement game.

What is beyond debate, is that white upper and middle class hatred of all things white working class, is far more dangerous than industrial talk on the football pitch.

"The plebs need to know their place!"

Re: BNP comes out in support of England's Brave John Terry

hang on while I just get a brew and put my feet up.

This should be a good one!

Re: John Terry Retires from International Football

supercrystal7 said:
BigJoe#1 said:
supercrystal7 said:
[
No I don't think Anton Ferdinand did admit to using the words. Anton's story is that he said something about Terry and then mentioned the Bridge situation. Then turned away and did not hear what Terry said. Only later did he catch the replay and then want Terry charged.

Terry's story is that Anton brought up the Bridge thing and Terry got angry and swore at him. Later on Anton he heard that Anton had accused of him of making those comments. So he shouted to Anton that he did not make those remarks (repeating what the remarks were).

Ashley Cole backed him up in court saying that Anton had accused of Terry of making those remarks and Terry's remarks caught on camera, were his denial.

Thanks nice summary, dont you think it's all a bit out of hand though - what is all this going to achieve at the end of the day?

Yes I do especially the court hearing. Think it should not have ever gone to court. However, once Ferdinand made a complaint the FA should have just dealt with it then and there. Given Terry a 3 game ban for repeating the word. Made it very clear he was not being punished for deliberately abusing Anton, but had been caught repeating unacceptable language on the pitch and had to face a punishment. Done and dusted.
Where there is a likely prospect of a criminal prosecution, the FA can't 'act first' as anything that they did could be considered likely to prejudice the criminal trial - a bit like when papers get bollocked for trial by media when they comment favourably or unfavourably about some muppet who's on trial. What's made it silly is the delay in the criminal trial so he could go to the Euros. If it had been help in March we could have been spared his ugly face all summer.

I have vague recollection of a prize for most-hated Premiership player not being Ronaldo which shocked me until I saw that Terry had in fact won the prize.

So if Terry has quit the England team will he also have to give up the free coporate box he is given at Wembley, you know the one he keeps selling to rich punters even though it is against FA rules.

Re: John Terry Retires from International Football

geoffchall said:
supercrystal7 said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Thanks nice summary, dont you think it's all a bit out of hand though - what is all this going to achieve at the end of the day?

Yes I do especially the court hearing. Think it should not have ever gone to court. However, once Ferdinand made a complaint the FA should have just dealt with it then and there. Given Terry a 3 game ban for repeating the word. Made it very clear he was not being punished for deliberately abusing Anton, but had been caught repeating unacceptable language on the pitch and had to face a punishment. Done and dusted.
Where there is a likely prospect of a criminal prosecution, the FA can't 'act first' as anything that they did could be considered likely to prejudice the criminal trial - a bit like when papers get bollocked for trial by media when they comment favourably or unfavourably about some muppet who's on trial. What's made it silly is the delay in the criminal trial so he could go to the Euros. If it had been help in March we could have been spared his ugly face all summer.

I have vague recollection of a prize for most-hated Premiership player not being Ronaldo which shocked me until I saw that Terry had in fact won the prize.
Fair enough.
Though don't think this should ever have gone to court. It sets a dangerous precedent in the game about other things. No real reason why elbows and punches cannot be taken to court either now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.