Terry retires from international football {merged}

Re: John Terry Retires from International Football

The cookie monster said:
Ray Wilkins just defending him on him sky
Best defender since bobby Moore

It was embarrassing watching it.

My word.

We already have four Centre halfs at least better than him.

Lescott, Jagielka, Cahill( who I thought was shit but isn't) and Smalling(Who you all think is shit but he isn't).

The only story here is that in todays Scum v Mickeys game I had to keep on rubbing my eyes because Wio - who I thought was finished at least two years ago gave an absolute master class in the art of Defending.

Expect calls in the press this week for him to replace the Country's worst ever role model.

Wayne Bridge will now declare himself available for international duty.

Probably get selected as well England are that shit.

supercrystal7 said:
DiscoSteve said:
The cookie monster said:
I hope the **** is guilty
That will make up for a shit weekend.
According to the law he's innocent - this an FA farce, stupid w*nkers
Well the Law and the FA work under different burdens of proof. For the law you have to be guilty beyond any reasonable doubt. However, for civil cases and wit the FA you just have to be most likely guilty. The Judge concluded that Terry was most likely guilty and did not trust the either his or Cole's testimony, but it gave a reasonable doubt and so no charge could be made. Looking at the evidence and hearing his story, he probably did say it and will probably be found guilty, which is not what the FA want to do.

He's also facing a different charge. He was charged by the CPS with using using racially abusive words likely to cause alarm or distress. He was acquitted on the grounds that it wasnt proven that the words were used in such a way as to cause alarm or distress.

The FA are charging him with using racially abusive language. As was stated in the Suarez case, it doesnt matter whether the words (which he has admitted using) actually caused alarm or distress.

The FA didnt really have much choice than to charge him. If they hadnt they would have been wide open to the accusation of treating Suarez differently to Terry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.