Test Driving A Car

I’m test driving a few at the mo as I’m thinking of getting a company car (my company does it via salary sacrifice which, if I get an EV, makes it worth it).

I’ve just said exactly that to the dealers. They know I’m not going to subsequently buy off them so don’t get any follow ups.

Recent car test drive story…
We’ve recently moved overseas, needed a bigger car, was looking at a Toyota RAV4 hybrid, preferably 1-2 years to save a few £, couldn’t find one, but I could wait & get one shipped. A friend then gave us a lift in their car, a Chinese brand I’d never heard of ( Haval) was very impressed, so did my research, by coincidence the next week there was a car expo, I went straight to the Haval stand & test drove their latest hybrid, the H6 Hev, I’d never driven auto before, never mind one with a rotary selector, but it was quite intuitive, & off we went, smooth, quiet, luxurious, & plenty of grunt, after a good run through all road scenarios we headed back, yeah, I was impressed, then there was the kit, full length sunroof, heated & vented electric seats, 360’ camera, self park, plenty of legroom & headroom, big boot ( auto open) loads of safety features 5 * rating too, 243 HP & 10 year warranty, it was the top spec for similar price to a used RAV4 ( & slightly bigger, with bigger boot too) . I put a deposit down, & picking it up in just over a week.
my wife was with me, she will be driving it too, & she was just as impressed, the 360’ camera is such an outstanding feature, & it can park itself! she was all in by this point, me eldest is 15 & as tall as me, (6ft 2)so legroom in the back is a must, youngest gets a bit travel sick, so sunroof will help too.
If Haval come to UK, like other Chinese brands, ( MG, BYD, etc..) definitely worth checking out.

Reactions: jrb
Haha no but as a kid in the 90s I remember my dad doing this frequently just for something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Bit sad really now I think about.

Spent a lot of time at the Ian Shelly Audi dealership that’s now a block of flats.

He did eventually buy one, an all black Audi 80. Quite a cool car that.

Depends how long you spend in a car each day. At one stage of my career I was doing over 700 miles a week, just to and from the office. Spent more time sat in my car than on my sofa, when you do that, comfort, driving position and the ergonomics become very important.
As someone who has worked in sales for over thirty years, travelling between 30k and 50k a year, I wholeheartedly agree with this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.