Testimonial for Dunny

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
DTKOAG said:
Your views might be different if he scores a last minute winner against us in a few weeks time...
Be gutted if he did but he will get a warm reception since he turned himself around he has been a credit to the club and I would agree bend the rules for The Dunny Monster
i second that motion

Not sure how Villa would feel about this, will they allow him to play in a game that was a thank you from an old club if they weren't involved?? They may be worried about injuries. I think we may need to wait a few years :-(

Bollocks!

We have paid him very well for his nine years of 'loyal service'.

The only time any club has come in for him during that time was when Dunney spat his dummy out last year because he was holding the club to ransom over a new deal.

He was literally out the door and off to Portsmouth, and don't you believe it.

So much so that he decided to get himself sent-off for good measure in the 8-1 humiliation at Boro.

I am not the slightest sad to see him go and if people were honest enough to admit it, he should maybe have gone a couple years back.

A poor passer, limited technically, brave and commited, yes, an outstanding defender, far from it.

The only constant during his time with us that he was above the rest of the mediocrity we had.

Good luck, but a testimonial? do me a favour.

This is only my opinion, but it never ceased to amaze me what my fellow blues considered of Dunne's defensive qualities.

testimonials are a relic from the days players didnt make themselves financially secure
i,m afraid theres not much place for them in todays era of millionaire players
especially in the current climate !!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bollocks!

We have paid him very well for his nine years of 'loyal service'.

The only time any club has come in for him during that time was when Dunney spat his dummy out last year because he was holding the club to ransom over a new deal.

He was literally out the door and off to Portsmouth, and don't you believe it.

So much so that he decided to get himself sent-off for good measure in the 8-1 humiliation at Boro.

I am not the slightest sad to see him go and if people were honest enough to admit it, he should maybe have gone a couple years back.

A poor passer, limited technically, brave and commited, yes, an outstanding defender, far from it.

The only constant during his time with us that he was above the rest of the mediocrity we had.

Good luck, but a testimonial? do me a favour.

This is only my opinion, but it never ceased to amaze me what my fellow blues considered of Dunne's defensive qualities.
seconded

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.