Testimonial for Dunny

CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
Shegelu said:
If Dunne goes, the powers that be should bend the 10 year rule to give him a testimonial.

Anyone else agree?

Yes, I think he deserves it and would attend it regardless of the opposition.

he doesn't deserve it he's here 9 years not 10 he's made enough money out of city no professional player in the top flight anyway deserves a testimonial imo unless their giving the money to charity or something

The testimonial has no place in the modern multi-millionaire player game unless its for players like Paul Lake who had to quit due to injury.

Although Dunne has made a few mistakes in the last couple of seasons; all players have ups and downs; he has been a great captain and without him we would still be playing in the lower leagues and therefore not attractive enough for our new owners.....Thanks Dunne....Anyone who doesn't agree wants there head testing!!

A testimonial would be a perfect send off and a big thankyou from us city fans.......Good Luck to you Dunne and your family.......

dw7 said:
CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
Yes, I think he deserves it and would attend it regardless of the opposition.

he doesn't deserve it he's here 9 years not 10 he's made enough money out of city no professional player in the top flight anyway deserves a testimonial imo unless their giving the money to charity or something

He's in his 10th season, he's played under 4 or 5 Managers in that time, he's not a mercenary unlike Distin & Anelka, has served the club well and think he is owed some recognition for his services. I think similar to N.Quinn he'd give all or a majority of any funds to charity. It's down to the individual opinion I suppose eh?!

Testimonials are only acceptable and relevant where a players career has been curtailed by injury and he has to then go out into the real world and eke out a living selling insurance or summat.

Multi-millionaires who are set for life, like Dunney don't require them unless they are seen as a farewell to the fans and are prepared to donate the proceeds to 'Charidee'....

dw7 said:
denislawsbackheel said:
The testimonial has no place in the modern multi-millionaire player game unless its for players like Paul Lake who had to quit due to injury.

agree or players who have spent their career in the lower leagues
Most testimonials these days are for charity anyway and it's just a way for us fans to say thank you one last time. I don't see why people are against it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.