TEVEZ 7/4

johnmc said:
Why are people so sure this wont happen? If Real DID come calling do you all think that Tevez wont go?

That's the problem most are ignoring.

I'm sure City won't want to sell Tevez.

However, if Jose wants him it's going to be hard to stop him going

DontLookBackInAnger said:
It's like anything else the odds shorten because people put money on it, not because someone is ITK. Tevez might leave this summer, although I highly doubt it.
ive heard Perez has put £4 million on tevez to sign for madrid at 14/1. If he goes there they will get him for next to nothing. Mourinho has already confirmed next seasons formation.

-------------------Casillas------------------
---------Maicon------------Ramos----------
-------------------Alonso-------------------
--------Kaka------Gerrard----Di Maria--------
--Ronaldo----Benzema----Higuain----Tevez--<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 am --<br /><br />
dw7 said:
Aussie! said:
By Madrid you mean Real Madrid?

Don't they have like 20 strikers already?

how many strikers did city have befor tevez
Good point, how Tevez thought he was going to start every game is crazy.

I was of the opinion that Tevez could have gone to Madrid last season but opted against it because he was happy in England and his daughter was settled at school in the area? If this was the case I fail to see what would have changed in 12 months!

Tevez won't be allowed to leave this summer, it's as simple as that. He will be here for this season, the whole of this season. Even if it had to end up being somewhat reluctantly.

However, we've seen how he plays when he's unhappy, so I ideally hope it doesn't have to come to that because Real don't make a bid.

I gotta say I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen in the future, next summer at earliest, but I'm very confident it won't happen this summer.

If they make a bid, of course he'll want to go. He's Latin American - they all want to play for Real Madrid.

But by the same token, i can't envisage City being too keen to sell. It would severely damage "the project" and our reputation amongst the world's top players if they see Tevez AND Robinho jump ship this summer. It would set us back a couple of years. And for that reason, i don't think we'll sell, even if he decides he does want to leave. We'd probably come to some agreement with him whereby if he agrees to stay for 1 more year, we'll let him leave next summer if he still wants to go to Real Madrid. If we improve dramatically and mount some form of title challenge, there may then be a slim chance we could convince him to stay longer. If not, he moves on and we move on.

But i pray that he'll stay for a good 4/5 years, because i have a man-crush on him. The sexy beast.

Tricky_Trev said:
If they make a bid, of course he'll want to go. He's Latin American - they all want to play for Real Madrid.

But by the same token, i can't envisage City being too keen to sell. It would severely damage "the project" and our reputation amongst the world's top players if they see Tevez AND Robinho jump ship this summer. It would set us back a couple of years. And for that reason, i don't think we'll sell, even if he decides he does want to leave. We'd probably come to some agreement with him whereby if he agrees to stay for 1 more year, we'll let him leave next summer if he still wants to go to Real Madrid. If we improve dramatically and mount some form of title challenge, there may then be a slim chance we could convince him to stay longer. If not, he moves on and we move on.

This is exactly what I think will happen. Because it's in our interest to absolutely refuse to sell Tevez at this point even if it leaves us with a hugely unsettled player. It would still be much more damaging to sell him at this point than to be left with that. Because of his symbolic importance as you say.

OrigamiNinja said:
I was of the opinion that Tevez could have gone to Madrid last season but opted against it because he was happy in England and his daughter was settled at school in the area? If this was the case I fail to see what would have changed in 12 months!

This.

avoidconfusion said:
OrigamiNinja said:

This.

Not sure Madrid was an option? Anyway his native tongue and therefore i presume also his daughters is spanish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.